CaptainJackSparrow

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu | 10 MAY 2019 | Pika Pika

I honestly can't really see less than TF1 numbers for a live-action Pokémon movie (provided it delivers of course).

20 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

People on IGN's comments are saying Max Landis may have something to do with this movie?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/15/pokemon-live-action-movie-may-be-in-the-works?abthid=57111e4f698ead3a01000020

If so, HYPE!!

If Max Landis jumps aboard, all excitement lost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

If Max Landis jumps aboard, all excitement lost.

He seems to be strongly implying he's aboard on his Twitter.

This was on April 7th. So if he is doing this, then maybe the movie will be light hearted? Would you rather it be more light hearted or dark?

Edited by CaptainJackSparrow

It should be as black as coal. As black as the heart of a traitor. As black as the nightmare from whence this all comes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

He seems to be strongly implying he's aboard on his Twitter.

This was on April 7th. So if he is doing this, then maybe the movie will be light hearted? Would you rather it be more light hearted or dark?

I agree making Pokemon "dark" would ruin it but considering how he's only written one okay film and a whole bunch of other bad ones...

• Like 1

CJohn is going to freak out when he reads about Landis possibly being on board :rofl: 

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Why was there a bidding war on this?

Cause the main Pokemon series in the US has had over 200 million copies sold? With the spin-off series, the Pokemon games have over 275 million copies sold? The anime series is so popular it's on it's 19th year and has made almost 1,000 episodes?

You might not be a Pokemon fan but with that level of success, yeah it's going to create a bidding war to make a live-action movie out of it. If it had just been a fad, it would have ended when I was a child. But I'm out of college now and it's still going strong.

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Cause the main Pokemon series in the US has had over 200 million copies sold? With the spin-off series, the Pokemon games have over 275 million copies sold? The anime series is so popular it's on it's 19th year and has made almost 1,000 episodes?

You might not be a Pokemon fan but with that level of success, yeah it's going to create a bidding war to make a live-action movie out of it. If it had just been a fad, it would have ended when I was a child. But I'm out of college now and it's still going strong.

I used to be a huge Pokemon fan.

I still recognize that Pokemon movies have flopped in North America, so I'm skeptical about this one.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I still recognize that Pokemon movies have flopped in North America, so I'm skeptical about this one.

The first did 85 mil in America, a big success. 

Just now, cannastop said:

Not all of them have "flopped"? The first Pokemon movie made $85 million in the US on a $30 million budget? Adjusted that's $146 million. But that was just an anime movie for the anime series, just like Star Wars: The Clone Wars was just a pilot for the CGI cartoon series. I feel like a live-action movie done right could really appeal.

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainJackSparrow said:

The first did 85 mil in America, a big success. 

3rd one only made $17 million on wide release, a huge disappointment.

None of the others got past weak limited releases.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

CJohn is going to freak out when he reads about Landis possibly being on board :rofl: 

I don't even care. Just make it happen Hollywood!!!

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

3rd one only made $17 million on wide release, a huge disappointment.

None of the others got past weak limited releases.

So? I wouldn't say it was a huge disappointment. Drops were expected especially since the anime movies (and series) really only appeal to a very certain sub-section of the Pokemon fanbase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I'll straight-up say I think it'll be a disappointment for the fans.

I'm sure you'll like it when Tele Jr. drags you to see it. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'll straight-up say I think it'll be a disappointment for the fans.

Obviously. Just for a start, there will be fights about which generation should this be focused on. Probably most of us, who spend their childhoods with Pokemon will preffer generations 1 till maybe 3, but right now, there is like 8 of them. So which Pokemons will be main characters in this? Fans of Squirtle will be dissapointed with Cyndaquil and vice versa.

I hope they just focus on the first generation mainly, just have it be set in Kanto. Then for the sequel, go to Johto.

What legendary pokemon do you all want to be in it? Mewtwo and Mew seem like good b.ets

• Like 1

I really want Hollywood to do a good Live Action adapatation of an Anime. I really do.

That is why I support Ghost In The Shell and Death Note. 

But Pokemon? This is a disaster in the making. Just stop it please.