CaptainJackSparrow

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu | 10 MAY 2019 | Pika Pika

7 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Tracking has not changed from 50-75 million. I'm at 65.

Actually it's 79. ;) Personally think it's doing 80 +

• ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)

Pokémon Go tie in event announced.

200 million OW incoming 💃

Edited by Tentatek
  • ...wtf 1

It’s impossible to know where Detective pikachu ends up in Domestic and China OW

Everytime I think of a number for China. The pre sales the next day just explode 

hard to even think where it lands if wom is good

China sales are not exploding. 3 months ago 250 total was mentioned. A week ago $100m total was more likely. Now maybe 150ish it's fluid.

Basically initial sales in China were really bad but have popped up very nicely as of late. I would prepare yourself for box office fatigue in general due to End Game.

• Haha 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Basically initial sales in China were really bad but have popped up very nicely as of late. I would prepare yourself for box office fatigue in general due to End Game.

Until the next big billie hit... :spidey:

It’s presales in China werent exactly low. It had low count of showtimes which tends to happen for movies with a long presale period. It’s presales are kicking up as expected. And have picked up better than what people had it at 2-3 days ago. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Until the next big billie hit... :spidey:

Imo I don't see Avatar 2 sniffing that in China. 600-800 imo. Average maoyan score 500 or worse.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It’s presales in China werent exactly low. It had low count of showtimes which tends to happen for movies with a long presale period. It’s presales are kicking up as expected. And have picked up better than what people had it at 2-3 days ago. 

They werent good Nova. It was on Pace to open less than 50 OW. Unless it had an insane maoyan score that would have been a bad total.

Optimistic projections in China are 70-80 OW literally above projections for US. That it much better. 150 in China would be awesome

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

They werent good Nova. It was on Pace to open less than 50 OW. Unless it had an insane maoyan score that would have been a bad total.

Optimistic projections in China are 70-80 OW literally above projections for US. That it much better. 150 in China would be awesome

So if presales went from opening less than $50M (the lowest @ZeeSoh mentioned was $50M btw) to now opening over $70M in the span of 2 days, how is that not considered “exploding?” :thinking:

Edited by Nova

Just now, Nova said:

So if presales went from opening less than $50M, to now opening over $70M in the span of 2 days, how is that not considered “exploding?” :thinking:

Because 3 months again the thought was 250 total.  70 might get 150.

If you want to say exploded from a severe disappointment to decent fine I guess.

Grace did her typical movie math segment and said Pikachu is likely going to open at 80 million according to her tracker insiders but there's some concern from people not wanting to go all in on Pikachu despite all the data and say it could open at 55-75 as well.

• ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

If you want to say exploded from a severe disappointment to decent fine I guess.

You can predict the OW but never the long term Total of movie in China 

its all about how much they like movie. 

Well detective pikachu after having a 46% from OD yesterday 

it did 47% today 

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Grace 

I stopped reading right there 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sure it's possible for long legs with a 9.6 maoyan score. I'm guessing sub 9. Unless it pulls a Venom but that's like a golden unicorn. Hard to replicate.

Edited by cdsacken

Pika sales are picking up a lot in US and China. Very good signs. People really need to learn not to underestimate Pokemon, ever. 

People said it was a fad and here it is 20 years later still being the king of franchises.

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

That $250 prediction was not based on any presales. It was based on an insider saying they think it’s going to do $250M. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

What @Minnale101is talking about is its presales course which had gone from a projected $50M to almost $70M opening and I don’t know how that would be considered “fine” or a disappointment when most CBM open in that range in China. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Nova said:

That $250 prediction was not based on any presales. It was based on an insider saying they think it’s going to do $250M. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

What @Minnale101is talking about is its presales course which had gone from a projected $50M to almost $70M opening and I don’t know how that would be considered “fine” or a disappointment when most CBM open in that range in China. 

In comparison to say CM or BP it's not bad but we'll have to see if it's legs fall off as fast like they did.

To me 150 Dom is good it's just not exploding nor amazing imo.

My target is 150. Slightly below is fine, above it great. 

Edited by cdsacken