CaptainJackSparrow

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu | 10 MAY 2019 | Pika Pika

Posted (edited)

Pika's sequel is already greenlit but the target for the sequel with the budget is about 500M WW I imagine. Pika is gonna make that probably with around 100M-200M to spare. In it's opening weekend alone it's probably gonna make it's budget back WW.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So it's almost 1 hr to midnight Est coast. How's pikachu's performance been today?

Been good. Will tell at 2am est 

That “leak” video is blowing up on China weibo site hahaha

good marketing 

• Like 2

Is there a thread for the sequel or nothing until it's official greenlit?

May/June/July seems really crowded for the next few years, Legendary should date something soon before it gets worse honestly.

6 minutes ago, Wormow said:

Is there a thread for the sequel or nothing until it's official greenlit?

May/June/July seems really crowded for the next few years, Legendary should date something soon before it gets worse honestly.

Prob nothing until official green lit 

the thing they took longest was pre production to get the designs of Pokémon correctly. 

Now that they have done that. I think movies will be much quicker to make 

The new Pikachu vid has more likes and views then the Endgame tv spot with massive spoilers.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Not Cool 1

I really hope it breaks $70M OW. That's right in between the 1999 2D film's 3-day and 5-day opening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

Detective Pikachu is going to make much, much more than Dumbo lol 

It's gonna make so much more then people are expecting it to. At least 65M Dom. I predict it'll be in mid/late 70's.

Hey does BOP do a last minute prediction for Pika soon?

• ...wtf 1

$70M OW

$190M DOM

No clue about OS but my initial thought is at least $400M. This should be able to cruise by $600M WW and, if it's big enough overseas, approach $700M.

• Like 1

Tommorow Detective pikachu releases 

been waiting 20 years for live action Pokémon movie 

pokemon GIF

• Astonished 2

4 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It's gonna make so much more then people are expecting it to. At least 65M Dom. I predict it'll be in mid/late 70's.

Hey does BOP do a last minute prediction for Pika soon?

Yeah, they do weekend forecasts every Wednesday, so tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

$70M OW

$190M DOM

No clue about OS but my initial thought is at least $400M. This should be able to cruise by $600M WW and, if it's big enough overseas, approach $700M.

I feel like BOP has it right on the DOM tracking total which is $215 and OS I predict at least 400/450M for a total of 700M. Though I do think OS will surprise us, even in China they said it could be seriously underpredicted. I have a feeling the same thing is happening here.

Which should be enough to be the highest grossing non-Disney(sorry Spider-Man still is Disney especially since they're signing a new contract and Holland will be the new face of the MCU) film.

We only have 24 hrs left to wait though.

Posted (edited)

I think when he's in the trailer it shows all hte Pokemon that will be in the movie. Including Joltik's evolution Galvantula, and Trubbish evolution, Garbodor which is literally a massive pile of trash.

Edited by Cappoedameron

The dancing pika pika in the leak video is the cutest thing I have seen recently.

That's another reason why I think this is being severely underestimated. Look at the social media response to Pikachu, the views of all the videos, a 50 million dollar opening weekend is extremely low balling. I still find it strange that not one single media outlet wants to put out an article solely discussing DP's tracking. The only one that did was Scott and he even changed that to high 80's. It makes no sense, I feel like nobody knows what to do with this movie.

Thank God after 24 hrs we won't have to wonder anymore.

40 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The new Pikachu vid has more likes and views then the Endgame tv spot with massive spoilers.

You know Pikachu would be great even if it manages half of what AEG did on OW alone.... So please behave in a rational way... I know you are excited about Pika pika but comparing it to Endgame really??? Your obsession is weird anything happens but MCU did this and did that.. Pika pika is not CBM and also new property not everything has to be compared to MCU or Endgame... If you do it will only make Pikachu look small

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

You know Pikachu would be great even if it manages half of what AEG did on OW alone.... So please behave in a rational way... I know you are excited about Pika pika but comparing it to Endgame really??? Your obsession is weird anything happens but MCU did this and did that.. Pika pika is not CBM and also new property not everything has to be compared to MCU or Endgame... If you do it will only make Pikachu look small

I'm not comparing it to EG, I'm just making an observation. Because for the past week people have been going back and forth on DP from it's a flop to no it's not and back and forth.