CaptainJackSparrow

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu | 10 MAY 2019 | Pika Pika

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Holy shit, is this real happening? Did they actually get Nintendo's permission to have a Pokemon game made. They're pretty reluctant when it comes to handing out their properties outside of video games, to non Japanese companies, these days.

Well "get permission" in the sense of "pay a lot of money for the rights and probably sign some strict contracts about what they can or can't do to boot".

• Like 2

just read the article, all the way through again, and apparently the Pokemon Company wants a live-action Hollywood version of Pokemon. Interesting. With Nintendo branching out, and trying to do other projects, like that attraction deal with Universal, I guess this makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 2

On April 15, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Charism said:

Obviously. Just for a start, there will be fights about which generation should this be focused on. Probably most of us, who spend their childhoods with Pokemon will preffer generations 1 till maybe 3, but right now, there is like 8 of them. So which Pokemons will be main characters in this? Fans of Squirtle will be dissapointed with Cyndaquil and vice versa.

Just create a Pokemon Cinematic Universe. Problem solved :P

• Like 4

Well....in order to make a good live action Pokemon movie......the film-makers needs to understand the ethics of how the world in the Pokemon games/anime works.

Kid becomes a Pokemon Trainer. Pokemon trainer get's his/her first Pokemon. The trainer and it's partner create a strong bond. And also....you gotta catch them all. :)

Challenge other trainers, Gym Leaders, etc.

I would love to see a live action Ash Ketchum (or whatever they'll name him)....as the main character.

• Like 1

Use only Gen 1 Pokemons and Team Rocket in the first movie. Don't try to set up 10 other different regions and evil teams.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

Use only Gen 1 Pokemons and Team Rocket in the first movie. Don't try to set up 10 other different regions and evil teams.

Real question is do you tackle Mew/Mewtwo or save em for the sequel

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Real question is do you tackle Mew/Mewtwo or save em for the sequel

Use Mewtwo and Mew and the legendary birds I don't care. Mewtwo is a Mew clone. Go with that storyline. 

On 4/15/2016 at 9:55 PM, Charism said:

Obviously. Just for a start, there will be fights about which generation should this be focused on. Probably most of us, who spend their childhoods with Pokemon will preffer generations 1 till maybe 3, but right now, there is like 8 of them. So which Pokemons will be main characters in this? Fans of Squirtle will be dissapointed with Cyndaquil and vice versa.

I don't even know other main characters than Ash and Pikachu. They are far and away the most recognizable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

I don't even know other main characters than Ash and Pikachu. They are far and away the most recognizable. 

Ash might not have anything to do with this movie.

• Like 2

Just now, cannastop said:

He better do. I doubt the other leads are so well known in the western world.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

He better do. I doubt the other leads are so well known in the western world.

It might be based on the games rather than the tv show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

They'd be crazy not to go with Ash and Pikachu! This film has so much potential, Pokemon has been going on for so long,  I grew up with it and now my little nephew loves it too! It might be the next Transformers if done right, really.

If they manage to make it not look like a B-movie like that crappy Dragon Ball movie, well, I'll be first in line.

• Like 1

I'll support this unless that hack Max Landis is involved. Dude has done nothing but mediocre shit for the past few years.

13 hours ago, CJohn said:

I think they should feel free to use Gen II Pokemon as well. There's no reason Kanto in the movies can't have Pokemon from other regions after all.

I kinda want Jon Favreau to direct this now.

• Like 4

They need to use Ash and Pikachu. But Ash is 10 in the anime so I guess they will change his age to 15-16 in the movies.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

They need to use Ash and Pikachu. But Ash is 10 in the anime so I guess they will change his age to 15-16 in the movies.

Why? Ash is so pathetic. He rarely even earned his Pokemon badges in Kanto.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Why? Ash is so pathetic. He rarely even earned his Pokemon badges in Kanto.

Ash or no nostalgia effect or 300M OW hype train.

• Like 2