CaptainJackSparrow

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu | 10 MAY 2019 | Pika Pika

45 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I wouldn't define making close to triple it's budget as people not showing up.

alright Mr Triggered, why don't you plug your brain in and think about whether more people would need to show up to Mario than for Detective Pikachu in order for Mario to outgross Detective Pikachu?

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

Interesting.  Triggering someone is simply correcting them when they say something illogical and stupid. I had no idea I was triggered by wanting people to have the facts but sure. #triggered

Edited by Cappoedameron

2 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

A sequel won't have any of these issues

And you're sure about this because...

....Because Endgame won't be in theaters when the sequel hits and we're not gonna see another film the likes of EG for at least a decade if not more.

It’s best to just to do Red/Blue. Unless it’s opening at Christmas, the best PDP2 can hope for is a flat or minor drop given the performances of sequels recently.

As for Mario, a year ago I thought it had a good chance of being the biggest animated film ever. Now with Pets 2 and likely Minions 2 and Sing 2 having nasty drops, I’m thinking around Sing numbers, but I can see a Pets like breakout if Illumination puts more effort into this or at worst, I think it’ll beat Warcraft for the honor but barely.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So an estimated theatre gross of around 430 Million WW not bad. 143 DOM. Good for a first time around. Next movie won't have to deal with an Endgame sucking up all it's energy and theaters.

Too bad for a movie that was supposed to crush $1bww and $300m in China and whatnot.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 10:10 AM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It’s best to just to do Red/Blue. Unless it’s opening at Christmas, the best PDP2 can hope for is a flat or minor drop given the performances of sequels recently.

As for Mario, a year ago I thought it had a good chance of being the biggest animated film ever. Now with Pets 2 and likely Minions 2 and Sing 2 having nasty drops, I’m thinking around Sing numbers, but I can see a Pets like breakout if Illumination puts more effort into this or at worst, I think it’ll beat Warcraft for the honor but barely.

I'm still not really sure how you do a Mario film, even animated. The voices are a problem, there's a reason Nintendo has always kept them mostly mute in the games. Like is he going to talk in his ridiculous caricature voice the whole movie? And if not, that's not gonna sound like Mario. 

On 6/25/2019 at 10:20 PM, tupek said:

Too bad for a movie that was supposed to crush $1bww and $300m in China and whatnot.

We all had ridiculous expectations but it did not do bad at all, especially for a first step. 

• Like 1

So there's a question that has been keeping me up all night...

Spoiler

ZwsLSvD.png

Was it the Pikachu or Ryan Reylond's character that was enjoying the petting by his son' potential gf....

Edited by NamakFiskKa

5 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

So there's a question that has been keeping me up all night...

Hide contents

ZwsLSvD.png

Was it the Pikachu or Ryan Reylond's character that was enjoying the petting by his son' potential gf....

Yes

• Astonished 1

On 6/26/2019 at 3:35 AM, Cappoedameron said:

So an estimated theatre gross of around 430 Million WW not bad. 143 DOM. Good for a first time around. Next movie won't have to deal with an Endgame sucking up all it's energy and theaters.

Actually it is a doing quite decent, only if people are not hyped by the viral marketing campaign initially.

Somehow this movie come out earlier in home media than EG despite release 3 weeks after EG

27 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Article was already disproved. The original source seriously botched up basic math.

On 6/19/2019 at 2:39 AM, Avatree said:

Haha. As if.

If people won't show up for a Pokemon film, why the hell would they show up for Mario?

Warcraft (2016) is like the Lich King, rather, unkillable.

Because Mario is more GA friendly and less isolating to people that aren't garcore fans of the franchise as was the case with Pokemon. It failed to get anyone outside of the fanbase to watch.

Edited by DisposedData

4 hours ago, kowhite said:

I really liked this movie.

You know what? Me too.

But you didn't grow up with Pokemon, did you?

• Like 1