CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

And I definitely underestimated Jungle Book at my theatre tonight. Final tally's for the top 6 opening weekends of the year at my theatre, I did the math tonight.

6. KFP3 - $53.2M

5. Revenant - $63.1M

4. Zootopia - $76.1M

3. Batman v Superman - $83.1M

2. Deadpool - $127.9M

aaaaand

AAAAAAAND

1. Jungle Book - $130.2M

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking JB is going to increase to 104-105M. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but :)

I thought the same thing earlier today and pretty confident that it will looking at everything.  $30m is the floor for Sunday.  

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

First Green Lantern was supposed to launch the DC universe. Then it was Man of Steel. Then it's BvS. Now it's JL?

I didn't like the movie but BvS did "launch" the DC universe in every way it was supposed to.

Pretty much. The Brothers Warner simply thought they could take a short cut to success and, well, this was the result. They're lucky Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are already made although if those stink as well...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, somebody85 said:

It actually did. Or at least the Sad Affleck meme did which BvS created.

Straight from Billboard.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7325412/simon-garfunkel-sound-of-silence-hot-rock-songs-disturbed

"The duo's 1966 classic -- already revived thanks to Disturbed's cover -- enters at No. 6, sparked by a Ben Affleck meme."

Again I'm happy this movie exists because that's amazing.

Ok, that's actually incredible. 

:sadben:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chewy said:

Every blockbuster ever made has a 3-and-a-half to 4 hour assembly cut. It's not notable.

Y'all gotta chill.

The really bad thing is that if you showed some fans this assembly cut, they would eat it right up, just because it's MORE. 

Nevermind the fact that there's shit in there that won't even make the deleted scenes because they're so bad. 

• Like 2

I really can't blame Warner Bros for trying their damndest to hide Midnight Special. On top of the fact that they don't have nearly as much riding on it as, *ahem*, another release, it's also the kind of film that mainstream mall multiplex audiences would tear the hell apart. As much as I appreciated its approach, the CinemaScore almost definitely would have been in the D (or possibly low-C) range if it had gone into wide release right away.

But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman. They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

Zack Snyder

Blank Man has a sequel, with a tentpole slot.

Any news about Superman s sequel Zack ?

Karma is a B.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 12

34 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

But I feel like Batman and Superman are transcendent of superhero movies in a way, because they’re Batman and Superman. They’re not just, like, the flavor of the week Ant-Man — not to be mean, but whatever it is. What is the next Blank-Man?”

Zack Snyder

Karma is a B.

lol, the dude is still directing Justice League after all this hoopla and you're calling out karma

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Zack Snyder

Karma is a B.

See what happens when you let an overgrown frat dude be the showrunner of an entire comic book universe?

• Like 2