CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

It's probably going to be a bit longer than that. 2015's Cinderella didn't come out for home media until September, a 6 month wait.

Cinderella is a special case, nearly all movies come out on dvd after 16 weeks (4 months). Disney held off for as long as possible on the dvd release for Cinderella to push it to 200m and video sales suffered because of that.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

There were people leaving the theater because of motion sickness from the shaky cam in Hardcore Henry.  I think that might be the big factor in its big drop.

I got motion sickness from its trailer.

• Like 1

Since live action is taking off for Disney.....

When can we expect:

Cinderella vs Sleeping Beauty

Princesses at War

Building up to a combined kingdom to take on the Avengers?

Of all the live action remakes Disney is doing I always thought BATB had the biggest potential.   After this I wouldn't be shocked if next year that opens north of 120 million

43 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Personally, I'm interested in knowing what the current weekend numbers for BvS mean for its chances of getting to a 2 multiplier, and how they change the outlook for the final gross.

Not interested in poisoning the well or anything like that, just numbers and what they tell us of the movie's run etc.

That falls squarly within your guidelines and the thread's topic,  but his post made it sound like we should just ignore BvS in this thread because any mention of it might wreak havoc. If that's the case, that's not what I got from your mod post.

And everything you mentioned here is good box office talk

And @75live....of course u got it. :)

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

There wouldn't be no twithin except for that king-shit cop! All  I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing Sir.

God didnt make @The Stingray And @75live. I made them. I recruited them. I trained them. I served withem On Mojo. Id say that makes them mine.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Of all the live action remakes Disney is doing I always thought BATB had the biggest potential.   After this I wouldn't be shocked if next year that opens north of 120 million

It's certainly the one I'm most interested in.  I saw TJB on Friday and was so pleasantly surprised by how good it was that I'll almost definitely check out Disney's adaptation of BATB.  They are building a nice reputation for these live action adaptations.