kayumanggi

CHIPS | 03.24.17 | Warner Brothers | current gross ● 18.40 M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Like Futurist even knows who Luis Guzman (or Michael Pena, for that matter) is.

Pena was allowed the great honor of being allowed in the same movie as JLaw

Edited by DAR

8 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

Back in the 1980s there was a popular NBC television named CHiPs which was about the adventures of two California highway patrol officers starring Larry Wilcox and Erik Estrada. It was a show way before my birth, but from the information that I gathered, the original show was a wholesome lighthearted show for the whole family. Today, Hollywood has brought back the beloved 80s series and TOOK A BIG SHIT ON IT! 

Dax Shepard is no Phil Lord/Chris Miller. 

LET ME SAY IT AGAIN!

DAX SHEPARD

IS NO

PHIL LORD &  CHRIS MILLER

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//chips-review

I enjoyed Hit & Run more than any film Lord & Miller have done. *shrug*

Got convinced by a few friends to go see this. Didn't have plans to see it. Didn't think it would be good. But no. "NoobSaibot, you need to see more than giant monster movies and science fiction. Broaden your tastes!" So I went to see it.

I hated it. We all hated it. The dialogue is irritating. Poor humor. Terrible editing. Cynical. Incredibly obnoxious. Adam Sandler's brand of comedy beats the shit out of this time waster.

Seriously, fuck this movie. I've never been so pissed off about being dragged to a movie since Alone in the Dark (a Uwe Boll film). It's not even an adaptation of the thing it's based on. Deer piss humor is all you'll find here. I'm not surprised WB put it in a loaded March 24th release date slot. They knew it was a loser from the beginning.

Did not laugh. Did not have fun. Again, fuck this movie. It's TERRIBLE.

Edited by NoobSaibot
Removed spoiler tags and spoiler information to comply with new rule.
  • Like 2

On 23/03/2017 at 11:12 AM, rjones1325 said:

Back in the 1980s there was a popular NBC television named CHiPs which was about the adventures of two California highway patrol officers starring Larry Wilcox and Erik Estrada. It was a show way before my birth, but from the information that I gathered, the original show was a wholesome lighthearted show for the whole family. Today, Hollywood has brought back the beloved 80s series and TOOK A BIG SHIT ON IT! 

Dax Shepard is no Phil Lord/Chris Miller. 

LET ME SAY IT AGAIN!

DAX SHEPARD

IS NO

PHIL LORD &  CHRIS MILLER

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//chips-review

CHips was the most sanitized show on TV.  It was a show about cops and they never even drew their guns.  CHips isn't some American instituion.  Before they announced they were remaking it, if you asked 10 people to name the 25 best shows from the 80's, I doubt anyone would have it in their top 25.

The remake might be shit, but let's not pretend they desecrated a classic TV show.

I gotta say, as much shit I give Dax Shepard in terms of his movies, I do feel sorry for him in real life. I read up on some issues he's had growing up and dealt with recently, with Kristen Bell's support. He seems like a genuine dude.

None of this changes my thoughts on his previous movies and how this movie looks to me. So I wish he'd get his act together creatively. He's not gonna get another directorial gig anytime soon, that's for sure.

This review echoes my sentiments:

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/chips-review-dax-shepard-dude-we-need-to-talk.php

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2