kayumanggi

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 1010.0 M overseas ● 1236.0 M worldwide

I agree, the OS-Ch does look fishy:

April 16: 243.25

April 24: 425.33 (+182.1)

April 30: 509.6 (+84.3; -53.7%)

May 7:  568.9 (+59.3; -29.7%)

30% drop is very light considering GotG had its first full week in most places.  

Edited by MattW
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Agafin said:

I'm surprised as well. Perhaps its the huge boost from Japan's Golden Week? Or maybe it's overestimated.

Japan dropped 33%, not enough to compensate the China drop.

Japan 7.6m -->5.1m

China 23.6m--->4.8m

1 hour ago, MattW said:

I agree, the OS-Ch does look fishy:

April 16: 243.25

April 24: 425.33 (+182.1)

April 30: 509.6 (+84.3; -53.7%)

May 7:  568.9 (+59.3; -29.7%)

30% drop is very light considering GotG had its first full week in most places.  

Japan added about $14 million from April 30 to May 7, leaving about $45 million to be added from remaining OS-C nations this week. Do we know how much it made weekly in the remaining biggest markets like Brazil, UK, and Mexico? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Its ok. Do we know exact actuals after last weekend,. Lots of markets do update late. If its overestimated it wont be by that much as we are far ahead in the run. Even with this number 1B looks improbable. But 1.2B WW should  happen.

The only actuals are on http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/ and F8 is listed as $919,307,138. This is higher than the amount BOM had estimated last Sunday, but I don't know if Universal updated midweek or not. I do think its weekly gross will drop sharply next week with the absence of holidays, so it might fall short of $1B OS. I can't believe Gitesh thinks it will pass Jurassic World OS. 

45 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

The only actuals are on http://www.upi-boxoffice.com/ and F8 is listed as $919,307,138. This is higher than the amount BOM had estimated last Sunday, but I don't know if Universal updated midweek or not. I do think its weekly gross will drop sharply next week with the absence of holidays, so it might fall short of $1B OS. I can't believe Gitesh thinks it will pass Jurassic World OS. 

When Mojo is updated with a full number rather than a rounded one I assume it's an actual.  For example they updated Monday sometime with $873,515,444 after the sunday estimate of $867,600,000, so I think the 873 was the actual through Sunday April 30th (which is what I used for my OS-Ch calculation: 873.5 - 363.9 = 509.6)

Also you'll notice UPI shows last updated May 5th at noon UK time, so I think that represents the total through Thursday the 4th at most, but could have some mix-n-match going on with not all territories reporting for the same days.

Edited by MattW
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

UPI is the source. They are the distributors of all universal movies. We will get an update Monday some time.

Sure, but UPI rarely matches the actuals or estimates that Universal gives to Mojo.

For example Universal reported a total of $745,031,608 through April 23 to Mojo sometime on Monday the 24th, but then UPI updated on Monday the 24th with 737.78, on Tuesday the 25th with 759.82, and wednesday the 26th with 771.94 (which aren't archived, but I've been keeping track most days here if it has an update, column S), and on Thursday Mojo was updated with an OS total through Wednesday of 794.2

4 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Just a great performance, this movie doesn't get enough credit - just because F7 was such a monster.

F8 up at least +47% from F6.

And because it is mostly outside the US.

On 10/05/2017 at 2:46 AM, MrGlass2 said:

Just a great performance, this movie doesn't get enough credit - just because F7 was such a monster.

F8 up at least +47% from F6.

it's true but china alone contributed $390m and F6 made only around $66m, $320 increment from china alone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

it's true but china alone contributed $390m and F6 made only around $66m, $320 increment from china alone

Minus China also it has increased and dont forget $ is lot stronger compared to F6. So in local currency it has crushed F6. Franchise has become the biggest OS player considering its playing well almost everywhere.

OS through Wed - 962.6m. China wont add anything significant(may be 3-4m atmost), so its dependent on holdovers in markets with strong legs like europe/brazil etc. I would say 990m finish.

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Minus China also it has increased and dont forget $ is lot stronger compared to F6. So in local currency it has crushed F6. Franchise has become the biggest OS player considering its playing well almost everywhere.

OS through Wed - 962.6m. China wont add anything significant(may be 3-4m atmost), so its dependent on holdovers in markets with strong legs like europe/brazil etc. I would say 990m finish.

you're citing UPI.box office's number??
I thought everything as per box office mojo??
anywhere, makes no much difference

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

you're citing UPI.box office's number??
I thought everything as per box office mojo??
anywhere, makes no much difference

UPI is the source(its the distributing arm of Universal). Anyway the difference between mojo and UPI is tiny. UPI updates almost every weekday. Mojo is erratic. Screendaily also updates every friday and sunday.

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

UPI is the source(its the distributing arm of Universal). Anyway the difference between mojo and UPI is tiny. UPI updates almost every weekday. Mojo is erratic. Screendaily also updates every friday and sunday.

well, every media outlet are taking the number from box office mojo, even the box office analyst are citing the number from there, so they are publicly recognised figure

9 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

well, every media outlet are taking the number from box office mojo, even the box office analyst are citing the number from there, so they are publicly recognised figure

Mojo gets its numbers from distributor which is UPI for universal movies.