kayumanggi

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 1010.0 M overseas ● 1236.0 M worldwide

For anyone wanting to compare FF8 with FF7 I summarized all the available information on FF7 from mojo, deadline, and the China thread here on BOT:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M4DZ_W99mnx3I5GPt16xTmjy3X2wSqExYidU24d58XA/edit?usp=sharing

The china thread gives estimates which then change a bit, so while those numbers don't add up exactly it gives a solid idea of how things went.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Agafin said:

^Are those actuals? If so, the estimates were spot on

Edit: nvm, they are estimates. Wy post them in bold and huge font as if they're new Numbers lol.

Every time I wait for the actuals people here ask me to update. When I post estimates, people ask to wait for the actuals. How about being thankful I update these threads so that you can discuss the numbers?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Every time I wait for the actuals people here ask me to update. When I post estimates, people ask to wait for the actuals. How about being thankful I update these threads so that you can discuss the numbers?

Hey, my reply was tongue-in-cheek. Your job is well appreciated by us all :-)

Mojo updated with 437,226,146 through Monday April 17th, but's clearly not the real overseas total through Monday which should be 433 plus 23 from china plus another 15-25 (or possibly more) from all other markets.  I wonder if 437.2 is the actual gross through Sunday.

I'd guess overseas is around 475 through Monday, and will be ~505 through Tuesday.

The Franchise isn't slowing down in Israel:

OW ($) total ($) % change OW % change total Multiplier
Fast 3 158K 509K - - 3.22
Fast 4 424K 1.56M 168 206 3.68
Fast 5 746K 2.95M 76 89 3.95
Fast 6 1.15M 4.63M 54 57 4.03
Fast 7 1.61M 5.82M 40 26 3.61
Fast 8 2.89M - 79 - -
  • Like 3

Screendaily: The action thriller stood at $565.1m internationally and $120.4m in North America through Wednesday and will not take long to cross the $1bn worldwide mark. The Fate Of The Furious has amassed $217m in China, comfortably the action tentpole’s top grossing territory.  Brazil has generated $49m followed by the UK and Mexico each on $23m, while Germany rounds out the top five markets on $18m. 

Are those Brazil numbers right? Seem too high.

Edited by Purple Minion

2 minutes ago, Purple Minion said:

Screendaily: The action thriller stood at $565.1m internationally and $120.4m in North America through Wednesday and will not take long to cross the $1bn worldwide mark. The Fate Of The Furious has amassed $217m in China, comfortably the action tentpole’s top grossing territory.  Brazil has generated $49m followed by the UK and Mexico each on $23m, while Germany rounds out the top five markets on $18m. 

Are those Brazil numbers right? Seem too high.

What??? 49 ???? Impossible !!!