kayumanggi

THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 1010.0 M overseas ● 1236.0 M worldwide

The trailer and reaction to it haven't changed my box office guess for it, still in the 1.1 to 1.2b range. I'm expecting drops of about

- 50-75 domestic (275-300) 
- 100-150 china (250-300) 
- 150-200 everywhere else (575-625) 

China won't drop that much,even currency is much weaker than 2015.exchange rate falls from 6. 2to 6.9.FF7 is still the highest imported films in China.FF series has already become king size blockbusters.There are fan-base and strong buzz.Paul walker's death is not only reason for FF7 to break out.1BN+ sequels ww don't fall much except Alice2.

China 400M

OS-C 500M

DOM 250M

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 2

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

That would still be a great number.

How about TF5

TF4 had great release date ,one month without any competitions..

It won't be easy for TF5, maybe a slightly increase in local currency.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 0:15 PM, Purple Minion said:

Should do good business in Latin America even with the low ER. Hope the title in Spanish is Rápidos y Furi8s :D

That would be a pretty great spanish title.  It wouldn't be as good in portuguese but it'd still make sense.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2016 at 1:21 PM, MattW said:

The trailer and reaction to it haven't changed my box office guess for it, still in the 1.1 to 1.2b range. I'm expecting drops of about

- 50-75 domestic (275-300) 
- 100-150 china (250-300) 
- 150-200 everywhere else (575-625) 

My expectations have gone down from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if this one opened under $100m, and seeing that run time makes it more likely.  I'd still put the odds a just over 100, but maybe 105 now instead of 115 that I was feeling for the last few months. Multi of 2.3 = 240 domestic.

With how well XXX3 is doing in China I think Fast 8 will probably do over 2b yuan, but won't still won't match 7's total.  300-350

The rest of the world 500-550

~1100m

Does anyone think FF8 will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year worldwide with the massive amount in China? We all know SW8 will likely take the top spot worldwide. There could be surprises like BATB taking the 2nd spot.

7 hours ago, movieboner said:

Does anyone think FF8 will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year worldwide with the massive amount in China? We all know SW8 will likely take the top spot worldwide. There could be surprises like BATB taking the 2nd spot.

DOM+China BatB and FF8 might be close.

OS-C is the key

Edited by bangbingchan

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

DOM - $275m+

CHN - $375m+

OS except CHN >$550m

F6 did $483.5m without CHN and DOM in 2013

Pretty agree, but remember that ER in 2013 were better than now. I do not have updated figures, but I guess that those $483m are a bit over $400m today. I would say $500m OS-C, and something around to $900m OS total.

• Like 3