Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

5 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The Grinch takes no survivors.

Wrong Target. Should have taken a shot at Freddy Mercury.....

Nutcracker is set to open in the 20 to 25 Million range. "Bohemain Rhapsody" in the Mid Thrities. will easily win the weekend.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

John Carter was a fun film that didn't get the proper attention it deserved.

Not better than the Avengers though. I saw Avengers 7 times in the theater, JC the once. 

The Shay: John Carter SIX times in cinemas, Avengers just 3, it was quite boring. :)

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

John carter was worse than bad, it was mediocre. Starring plank of wood without a Jack Sparrow character to enliven the proceedings. Same thing that sunk Prince of Persia. they were both Will/Elizabeth show w/o Jack. 

The lead casting killed John Carter. A charismatic performance can lift certain okay/mediocre movies but Carter didn't have that of course. 

Nutcracker projected for a 18 Million OW.

Looks as though the Sugar Plum Fairy  dicided to give the Mouse its' piece of coal in the stocking a little early this year.

Even if ti does a little better overseas....which I doubt...Disney is still going to lose money on this.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:02 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

The lead casting killed John Carter. A charismatic performance can lift certain okay/mediocre movies but Carter didn't have that of course. 

John Carter had several good and charismatic performances, not least of which was by it's leading lady.  Alas it also had :kitschjob:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Felandria said:

I just need to know...

does Keira Knightley drop that stupid voice at any point?

I ended up seeing the movie yesterday and nope, she really does talk in that voice the entire movie.

Honestly, I almost recommend seeing the movie just for her batty performance. She clearly had a blast making it and acts like she's in a much campier film while everybody else acts like they're stuck in a pedestrian Disney movie (which they are).

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 7:24 PM, Valonqar said:

John carter was worse than bad, it was mediocre. Starring plank of wood without a Jack Sparrow character to enliven the proceedings. Same thing that sunk Prince of Persia. they were both Will/Elizabeth show w/o Jack. 

I never understood what some people reproached to John Carter, I really liked this movie. It seemed to be very close to Star Wars in terms of quality, even better than the second trilogy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I never understood what some people reproached to John Carter, I really liked this movie. It seemed to be very close to Star Wars in terms of quality, even better than the second trilogy!

For me, it was overall blandness of the story and characters. It wasn't a bad movie, it just didn't stand out from the pack cause the story is literally the basis for all space operas and some fantasy work too. Yet the writer and director did nothing to make it feel its own. 

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

For me, it was overall blandness of the story and characters. It wasn't a bad movie, it just didn't stand out from the pack cause the story is literally the basis for all space operas and some fantasy work too. Yet the writer and director did nothing to make it feel its own. 

That's hard to do when the source material has been copied countless times...Its box office failure made me sad because historically speaking the books deserve a way stronger recognition given what they brought to the world, and would deserve as a result to be completely adapted.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I felt that as well. Not a bad film but it doesn't have that one special ingredient that makes it stand out.