Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

23 hours ago, filmlover said:

This was the trailer that premiered before Ant-Man two months ago.

I couldn't imagine seeing this before a movie and having my enthusiasm for both Nutcracker AND Ant Man dwindle at the same time. It feels oddly sloppy.

Oh, and merchandise (Read: Funko Pops) are out for this already.

All I feel every time I watch a TN4R trailer is Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland all over again and again.  Though I liked Tim's Alice, Disney could've gone a different way with this, or at least not make it a copy-paste version. 

Also agree, Disney could have gone for a proper animation of The Nutcracker via WDAS. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Is there no Mouse King or Mouse army in this film? Isn't that the whole purpose and plot of Nutcracker?

I think they'll be featured in some form, in the final trailer you can see one giant rat composed of smaller rats. Man, the plot is going to be one huge mess.

48 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

I think they'll be featured in some form, in the final trailer you can see one giant rat composed of smaller rats. Man, the plot is going to be one huge mess.

That is the problem with a lot of these "reimigniangs" of classic stories. They throw out the thngs that people love and substitute stuff they pulled out of their butt.whcih 90% pf the time is vastly inferior to what they threw away.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is good advice in adapting a classic, well beloved story to the screen. you can add you own touches, sure, but you have to respect the basic Material. It has achieved long term popularity for a reason.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

That is the problem with a lot of these "reimigniangs" of classic stories. They throw out the thngs that people love and substitute stuff they pulled out of their butt.whcih 90% pf the time is vastly inferior to what they threw away.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is good advice in adapting a classic, well beloved story to the screen. you can add you own touches, sure, but you have to respect the basic Material. It has achieved long term popularity for a reason.

This is the main problem of this movie, the story isn't that well known. Everyone knows about the ballet, but few really know the story or the characters. Disney should've just made a true adaptation of the original story, but that ship has sailed...

• Like 2