Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

5 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

So I’ve noticed that Joe Johnston usually is on the shortlist to help “troubled movies”, and with him directing the reshoots for this movie, is that a big sign it’s not that good?

Whether or not the film is going through a troubled production at this time, in my opinion, can't say with authority whether or not the film will be inherently meritless. The film may not be *that good*, but it is still certainly liable to have its own merits. But, of course, if it does turn out to be bad, and I meant atrociously bad, then that's a different story entirely.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Well, this movie's in somewhat of a predicament now.

Do we know how serious the allegations are? I really don’t want to sound like I’m  being insensitive to the subject because I’m not, but do we know if they are substantiated or just claims?

Just now, DAJK said:

Do we know how serious the allegations are? I really don’t want to sound like I’m  being insensitive to the subject because I’m not, but do we know if they are substantiated or just claims?

In total, 16 people spoke to CNN about Freeman, eight who claim to be victims of either sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior and eight who said they witnessed Freeman’s alleged misconduct.

If you got eight witnesses...

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/morgan-freeman-harassment-inappropriate-behavior-1202820911/

In one incident, she said, Freeman "kept trying to lift up my skirt and asking if I was wearing underwear." He never successfully lifted her skirt, she said -- he would touch it and try to lift it, she would move away, and then he'd try again. Eventually, she said, "Alan [Arkin] made a comment telling him to stop. Morgan got freaked out and didn't know what to say."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/entertainment/morgan-freeman-accusations/index.html

I respect Arkin for telling him to stop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Considering this is the same studio that doesn't care what Depp or Lasseter did, by the time it comes out, Disney won't care, and mainstream audiences will care even less than they do now.

I guess it'll depend on if it gets worse from here. They already banished that movie with Jeffrey Tambor in it that was already in the can by the time his allegations came out to their upcoming streaming service, though they likely didn't have anywhere nearly as much financial stake in that as they do in this.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess it'll depend on if it gets worse from here. They already banished that movie with Jeffrey Tambor in it that was already in the can by the time his allegations came out to their upcoming streaming service, though they likely didn't have anywhere nearly as much financial stake in that as they do in this.

...What movie was that?

/checks.

Oh so HE'S one of the reasons Magic Camp is delegated to Streaming Hell? FML.

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Exactly how badly is Morgan Freeman’s prescence expected to hurt the movie?

Also, should his career be over because of this? 

I think his career would have been fairly 'over' anyways; I'm he'd be wanting to retire soon. Even actors can probably only go on for so long.

10 hours ago, Morieris said:

Considering this is the same studio that doesn't care what Depp or Lasseter did, by the time it comes out, Disney won't care, and mainstream audiences will care even less than they do now.

I think this films chances were not good before the Freeman scandal broke, but the Freeman scandal might just be the nail in the coffin.

People will save their money and take the kids to see the local production of the ballet instead.

Edited by dudalb