Blankments

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms | Nov 2 2018 | Lasse Hallstrom

6 hours ago, Morieris said:

So Disney just didn't put it online yet. In order to get people to see Ant-Man, they thought to tempt them with an unseen Nutcracker trailer.

Ha. Ha ha.

I loved this trailer, that's what made me aware of it.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think so too. I'd be surprised if it succeeded. 

We've seen far more surprising things in terms of box office.

The problem with this is doesn't seem to be the movie itself, it has potential, but the proximity with Ralph Breaks the Internet.

I think that has to be said...and i don’t know if many people agree with me on this...or if it a popular or an unpopular opinion or not. But....i think Mackenzie Foy is an underrated celebrity actress, IMO. I think she deserves a lot more credit for some of movies, she’s been in.

Movies like Insterstellar, Ernest & Celestine & The Little Prince were some of her better movie works.

I just hope Mackenzie can be in more movies and hopefully build some star-power when she’s in good & right movies.

Does anyone else think Mackenzie’s an underrated actress?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw the new trailer before Ant-Man today and Jesus is Keira Knightley really gonna be talking in that voice the entire movie? :gold:

Yeah, that voice is :gold: Movie looks like a mess, but I like when the Hall of the Mountain King kicks in!

6 hours ago, baumer said:

I think it looks terrific and it's a great Christmas movie.....too bad it's coming out in November.

It comes out in October here :hahaha:

• Astonished 1

The lone sub-$100 million DOM performer for Disney this year - no way it goes past $75 million DOM. Grinch is going to be HUGE (SLoP/DM2 DOM is what I'm expecting) and directly targets anyone looking for a fun holiday movie, Fantastic Beasts 2 directly targets Nutcracker's fantasy pre-teen/teen crowd, then Wreck-it Ralph 2 takes up whatever family audience is left. And Spidey-Verse kills its late legs. It's just going to get lost in the shuffle. If Disney had released WiR2 in its original date, Nutcracker could probably do Good Dino DOM numbers with a Thanksgiving launch, but Wrinkle in Time prevented that from being an option. 

I don't think Disney is gonna be upset with 700/100/675/610/230/275/65/160/425 ($3.2 B+ DOM from their 2018 slate) 

November-December 2018 looks jam-packed, though. Easily the most family-friendly films coming out during the holidays since 2011. I also wonder if there will really be 4 SFX-based tentpoles coming out over Christmas. Aquaman is the only one I see doing well, but Bumblebee could be a nice hit over MLK or in September/October. 

Spoiler
  1. Mary Poppins Returns: $425 million 
  2. Dr. Seuss' The Grinch: $380 million 
  3. Aquaman: $255 million 
  4. Fantastic Beasts - The Crimes of Grindewald: $220 million 
  5. Widows: $135 million 
  6. Bohemian Rhapsody: $130 million 
  7. Holmes & Watson: $110 million 
  8. Spider-Man - Into the Spidey-Verse: $105 million 
  9. Creed 2: $100 million 
  10. Mortal Engines: $75 million 
  11. Bumblebee: $70 million 
  12. The Girl in the Spider's Web: $55 million 
  13. Welcome to Marwen: $50 million 
  14. Alita - Battle Angel: $45 million 
  15. Nobody's Fool: $40 million 

45 minutes ago, babz06 said:

They should move this December, it's going to get killed anyway might as well have those christmas legs. 

Then we can have a bloody battle between this and Mary Poppins.

Put that in November and maybe this in January. 

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I saw this trailer in front of Ant-Man where Keira Knightley had this funny voice. I went to Youtube to hear it again and can't find it anywhere on that website lol

Disney is keeping it theater exclusive this weekend.

18 hours ago, filmlover said:

This movie legit looks like the love child of Alice in Wonderland, The Chronicles of Narnia, and Cirque du Soleil. It's really, really weird.

WIth the Ghost of Tchaikovsky screaming "I DON'T WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS MESS!".

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, babz06 said:

They should move this December, it's going to get killed anyway might as well have those christmas legs. 

I see you have no heard of a little movie called "Mary Poppins Returns".....

But I think The Mouse might have made a major mistake in deciding to release this this year  with the big Holiday Spots already taken by Rlaph Wrecks the Internet and MPR. Should have just held it over for next year...unless Disney knew it has a turkey on it's hands and just wants to get it over with and not waste a valuable Holiday release spot on it.