WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

9 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm never going to get the unqualified adoration for Jungle Book. I can accept "fun and entertaining" but not "one of the best movies ever"

It isn't one of the best movies ever (lol who has even said that?) but it is a gargantuan amount of fun, which is why it's so great.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, shruth said:

45 movies watched this year? Lol I can't even name 45 movies released this year. I watched only 1 and it's called Deadpool 

27 minutes ago, a2knet said:

I might have watched about 100 movies in theaters in my life.

There's many of us at this site that see 75-100 movies a year at the  theater.  

• Like 5

It isn't one of the best movies ever (lol who has even said that?) but it is a gargantuan amount of fun, which is why it's so great.

I guess I can understand people saying it's one of the best films of this year since there hasn't been much widely available competition so far, but I definitely draw a line before "better than Zootopia"

2 hours ago, shruth said:

45 movies watched this year? Lol I can't even name 45 movies released this year. I watched only 1 and it's called Deadpool 

Since July 2005, I have logged all the movies i see in a theater. That was an approximation, after seeing "Mother's Day" (ugh!) on Friday, I've actually seen 46 so far since January 1st.

My log says Deadpool was the 17th, on February 12th. I liked it, but I liked the opening credits and closing credits better than the main movie, LOL, i thought those were very clever. :)

And JB is probably the best of all so far.

FWIW, in 2015 I saw 105, LOL. 

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Baumer said:

There's many of us at this site that see 75-100 movies a year at the  theater.  

I'd probably see that many if time and money would allow for it to happen. But alas, gotta be more selective and usually stay within the 52 (or one movie a week on average) zone.

Speaking of which, it sure does feel like there have been a lot of weekends over the past year where there haven't been any wide releases opening at all even though there have been. This summer really is gonna need to produce some mid-range hits to create a more stable box office environment.

• Like 1

The Jungle Book won't drop 50% against Captain America.  I don't see why it would. If a film like Kung Fu Panda drops 47% against WallE's first weekend, then I don't see any reason why this should drop more.  Deadpool dropped less than 40% against BvS.

Looking at the release schedule this summer, I can already spot a handful of weekends where I will likely be at the beach with my family instead of the movie theater. Thanks for saving me money, Hollywood!

10 minutes ago, Baumer said:

The Jungle Book won't drop 50% against Captain America.  I don't see why it would. If a film like Kung Fu Panda drops 47% against WallE's first weekend, then I don't see any reason why this should drop more.  Deadpool dropped less than 40% against BvS.

Going by past Marvel megaopeners Jungle Book being a Disney film should be to its benefit.

Everything else is going to suffer hard, though.

• Like 1