CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

Holy shit, this news went under the radar for nearly two months.

Sylvain White Set To Helm ‘Slender Man’ For Screen Gems

EXCLUSIVE: Sylvain White has been set to direct Slender Man, the Screen Gems thriller that will begin production by the spring. White made his feature directing debut with Screen Gems on the sleeper hit Stomp the Yard, and also directed The Losers. Scripted by David Birke, Slender Man revolves around a tall, thin horrifying figure with unnaturally long arms and a featureless fact, who is reputed to be responsible for the haunting and disappearance of countless children and teens.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/sylvain-white-slender-man-director-screen-gems-stomp-the-yard-1201878567/

If they make this yet another cheap jump scare/stupid teenage girls getting themselves slaughtered horror film it will tank after OW. If they throw some proper filmmaking technique it's way, i.e. Get Out or The Witch, that combined with the premise could make it one of the biggest horror films ever. There's a lot of mind control and hallucinogenic powers associated with Slender Man that they should utilize, which would help greatly towards making an interesting and genuinely affecting film.

19 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

If they make this yet another cheap jump scare/stupid teenage girls getting themselves slaughtered horror film it will tank after OW. If they throw some proper filmmaking technique it's way, i.e. Get Out or The Witch, that combined with the premise could make it one of the biggest horror films ever. There's a lot of mind control and hallucinogenic powers associated with Slender Man that they should utilize, which would help greatly towards making an interesting and genuinely affecting film.

I completely agree with this.  Sadly, I see more of the former with the cheap jump scare, etc ,stuff which is why I am not onboard yet

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

I could totally see that work well. As long as they don't pull what they tried with The Mothman Prophecies (telling, not showing). If they do that, audience reception will definitely be mixed.

• Like 1

Well, it looks like they've finally started casting for this. Months ago.... xD

‘Godzilla: King Of The Monsters’ Adds Elizabeth Ludlow; Kevin Chapman Cast In ‘Slender Man’

Kevin Chapman has joined the Sylvain White-directed horror film Slender Man, written by David Burke and Mike Scannell. Starring Joey King and Julia Goldani-Telles, the pic centers on a tall thin horrifying figure with a featureless face that is responsible for the haunting, stalking and disappearance of countless victims. Chapman will play Mr. Jensen, an alcoholic emotionally defeated father.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/godzilla-king-of-the-monsters-elizabeth-ludlow-kevin-chapman-slender-man-1202126246/

Edited by NoobSaibot