CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

9 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

A little over a month? Oh no, it’s 3 weeks now :hahaha:

I thought it was releasing on August 24th. Wow.

This movie's as good as dead. Think it'll end up on a streaming service like Amazon Prime?

Edit: Nvm, there are people who ponder the same question at this point.

Edited by NoobSaibot

22 minutes ago, NoobSaibot said:

I thought it was releasing on August 24th. Wow.

This movie's as good as dead. Think it'll end up on a streaming service like Amazon Prime?

Edit: Nvm, there are people who ponder the same question at this point.

Sony tried selling it, but Netflix and Amazon rejected it :hahaha: Sony is just dumping it and hoping for the best.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Sony tried selling it, but Netflix and Amazon rejected it :hahaha: Sony is just dumping it and hoping for the best.

Sony didn’t try and sell it, the three producers did. (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/screenrant.com/slender-man-movie-distributor-amazon-netflix/amp/)

Sony are probably just releasing it now so the producers don’t take them to court. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Sony didn’t try and sell it, the three producers did. (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/screenrant.com/slender-man-movie-distributor-amazon-netflix/amp/)

Sony are probably just releasing it now so the producers don’t take them to court. 

Still a pretty sad situation lol

44 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

If you show your movie around and none of the studios think it’s worth spending more momey

on, it’s probably not very good (or way too artsy).  I thought I read that the producers felt this could be the next IT.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:40 AM, Boxofficerules said:

If you show your movie around and none of the studios think it’s worth spending more momey

on, it’s probably not very good (or way too artsy).  I thought I read that the producers felt this could be the next IT.

Definitely, the producers apparently think it should have a marketing spend like IT and a Conjuring film but Sony seen it differently lol. 

At this point, Sony should just take whatever money they can get from it, minimal marketing spend and sever ties with the producers and never work with them again. 

Fully expecting 0% on RT 

On 7/19/2018 at 8:24 AM, Nova said:

How can this be tracking well if 1) people don’t know it’s even coming out and 2) people don’t even know when it’s coming out. 

I imagine metric like Awareness / Unaided awareness and definite interest does not require people to know the release date, in some genre people actually knowing the name of the movie does not even matter.

It still got quite the view count:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=slender+man+movie&sp=CAMSAggFQgQIABIA