CaptainJackSparrow

Slender Man | Sony/Screen Gems | Aug 10, 2018 | First Trailer on Page 2

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Seeing the user reviews on this, it’s not hard to see why Sony are dumping it. It’s hard to believe they thought it could be the next IT. Unless the original version was better, word has it that the movie was butchered to get a PG-13 (and it shows).

Sony didn’t think it could be the next “IT”, that was the producers, not the studio. 

Saw it. There were 11 teenagers in the room aside from me. By the time the film was finished, only me and two (TWO) people, a young couple, were still in the theater.

We already knew it, but this film is going to have toxic word of mouth.

Now, the real question is: Can this outgross The Mothman Prophecies's worldwide cume? I doubt it.

Edited by NoobSaibot

I was so close to handing the “Why The Fuck Do You Even Exist” award to “Sherlock Gnomes” this year, but “Slender Man” just had to be dumped on us. 

Eventually, I did some research and it hit me that this movie isn't based on anything related to the true premise of Slender Man. This isn't based on the game Slender or the Slender Man stabbings of 2014. The only thing the movie is based off of is the name Slender Man.

If you’ve seen “The Blair Witch Project”, “IT”, “The Bye Bye Man”, “Sinister”, and most specifically “The Ring”, then you do not need to see “Slender Man”, for its premise is the standard, traditional horror movie narrative where teenagers unleash an evil that takes effect on them after watching a video they weren’t supposed to.

If you want a good Slender-related thing that’s actually scary and tense JUST PLAY SLENDER. Read the original Creepypasta, read fanfiction, just don’t see this movie. You have this interesting figure that made the internet quiver in fear for a year and you give him the most basic and generic horror storyline, and to top it off you release it in 2018 when nobody gives a shit?! 

REVIEW: https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//slender-man-review