CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or at least until the next comic book movie arrives (in less than three weeks).

Just you wait, because Wolverine has been featured only 2 seconds in the marketing, we may not be able to properly determine whether Apocalypse is an X-Men film

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Possibly. It's doing pretty well in Japan so far, as it seems Civil War might be underperforming over there. And it's still got some tasty legs everywhere else on Earth. It'll be a reach, and hardly the 1st animated movie to die on the 900M+ beach (Despicable Me 2 being the most recent example), but it can do it.

Nice. Last I heard it needed a multiplier of 14x or smth from Japan.

Disney gonna have 5 1b+ movies this year if Zootp makes it, along with TJB, CW, Dory and What'sIt'sName in December.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Just you wait, because Wolverine has been featured only 2 seconds in the marketing, we may not be able to properly determine whether Apocalypse is an X-Men film

It isn't. It's an Oscar Isaac one. Bow to the new king of the world.

Just now, BourneFan #1 said:

If you guys think this is repetitive, just wait until IJack returns! He'll tell us that Bryan Singer is the devil and the people that like the X-Men movies don't really like the X-Men.

tom-cruise-no.gif

Just now, MrPink said:

X-Men V Wolverine: Civil Dawn Of Apocalypse

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

Nice. Last I heard it needed a multiplier of 14x or smth from Japan.

Disney gonna have 5 1b+ movies this year if Zootp makes it, along with TJB, CW, Dory and What'sIt'sName in December.

What'sIt'sName is gonna break 200M OW. CALLING IT NOW BIATCHEZ :ohmyzod:

1 minute ago, BourneFan #1 said:

If you guys think this is repetitive, just wait until IJack returns! He'll tell us that Bryan Singer is the devil and the people that like the X-Men movies don't really like the X-Men.

I thought Sam Raimi was the devil?

2 minutes ago, wileECoyote said:

Big hit for JB.  Looks like 1B is out of reach unless Japan and SK really breaks out.

It's not the Jungle Book. It's a Shere Khan stand alone.

33 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Several people in the last few pages said this was a Cap movie to justify opening lower than Ultron lol.

Well it was a Cap movie to me. But nobody said it was sold as a Cap movie which it was you said in your post. That's 2 different things.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR opened with an estimated $181.8M this weekend.

"Fantastic result for a Captain America movie. Pretty much doubled the previous movie's OW"

"I expected more considering this was sold as an Avengers movie and had great reviews. I think we've reached a ceiling"

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2