kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

I see that while I was asleep everything was on fire the world has descended into madness, beautiful

tenor.gif

Perhaps this is just my blind undying love and loyalty for Idris and Taylor speaking and I'm going crazy as well but I gathered my courage and watched the trailer again and... it was not quite as bad as the first time? Say what you want but at least it doesn't look anything we've seen before. I could maybe see it working in a really bizarre way if they upgrade cgi over the next six months (strong emphasis on the word maybe). They certainly have made everyone aware of this movie now - my little brother who doesn't watch anything else other than an occasional cbm or horror movie texted me this morning and asked do I know this is a thing (he knows I'm a Taylor fan) and have I seen the trailer. Yeah dude, trust me, I very much know it is a thing and I've seen it. I may never recover.

Again, I'm probably going crazy and will regret saying this but I'm having a weird foreboding feeling that this won't turn out half as bad as it looks now. I'm making an ill-advised prediction right now: this will actually be hugely successful, more so than The Greatest Showman, GA will like, it will get better reviews than Lion King, it will get nominated for at least technical awards and Tom fucking Hooper will probably get nominated for the best director again because there is no justice in this wold. If I'm wrong I promise to endlessly drag myself for this in every situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

Yes, we finally got the trailer that broke the Internet. remember how so many trailers were hyped to do it but never actually? CATS did it. :worthy:

My profile picture has inexplicably changed so clearly we were all up to something last night. How come the year, month, and day have reset back to zero? I have vague memories, but I also had a lot of nightmares in my sleep so I don't think any of them were real. I guess we've all just gotta continue on with our lives, right meow. Wait why did I do that?

Edited by Lucas

Just curious, how many of you have seen Cats? 

It was my first musical I think I was about 7. Then bought the tape and vhs lol. 

But interestingly I haven’t seen it since. We actually chose Chicago over Cats two years ago in New York. 

Edited by Krissykins

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Damn good question.

I can see somebody who is not really familiar with film like Taylor Swift falling for this,but people like Ian McKellan and Judi Dench?????

What makes it more puzzling in the case of McKellan and Dench is they are primarily stage people, the live theater is their first love and what earned them their knighthoods, and in addition both have done quite a bit of film work, and they should have known that adapting "Cats" from the stage to the screen was almost certainly doomed to fail.

I assure you in absolutely no uncertain terms that McKellan and Dench had beyond a ball making this movie.

And if it's a massive rip-roaring success they will find it absolutely hilarious and delighted they were involved.

And if it's a massive bomb with historically terrible reviews they will find it absolutely hilarious and delighted they were involved.

I can't wait for their interviews.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, gadd said:

Unless it's actually out there somewhere, I'm very disappointed no one has re-cut this trailer featuring Nicholas Angel's reaction shots to the Romeo and Juliet production in Hot Fuzz.

I have soooo many ideas but I've been miles away from my desktop for days now :ohmyzod:

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

My profile picture has inexplicably changed so clearly we were all up to something last night. How come the year, month, and day have reset back to zero? I have vague memories, but I also had a lot of nightmares in my sleep so I don't think any of them are were real. I guess we've all just gotta get continue on with our lives, right meow. Wait why did I do that?

:hahaha:Nothing will ever be the same. The time will be counted as BC (Before Cats) and AC (Anno Catsini). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Just curious, how many of you have seen Cats? 

It was my first musical I think I was about 7. Then bought the tape and vhs lol. 

But interestingly I haven’t seen it since. We actually chose Chicago over Cats two years ago in New York. 

I didn't see in the theater but on PBS's Great Performances

http://www.playbill.com/article/pbs-cats-broadcast-viewership-exceeds-10-million-com-78239

Viewership for the first-ever TV airing of Andrew Lloyd Webber's international smash hit was 165 percent above the 1996 PBS airing of Riverdance, one of the most popular shows in recent PBS history. Cats viewership exceeded "Les Miserables in Concert," another hit for PBS, by 61 percent.

• Like 1