kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

Once again like the assassinations of Lincoln and  Kennedy,  the events of Pearl Harbor and 9/11, the day after the Cats trailer we awaken to a world where things have changed.  We don't how they have changed yet, but we just know things are going to be different.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Just curious, how many of you have seen Cats? 

Mom only took me to good musicals. 

(Lol her and Dad walked during Cats during intermission)

That said, I am way too much of a broadway nerd to have not watched the “30 minute who sang memory best video on YouTube” at least three times. 

6 hours ago, Hunch said:

It honestly looks spectacular. Like true Hollywood movie magic. Yes some of the face effects look a bit goofy (especially poor JHud) but they still have 5 months to fine-tune the effects.

That’s the understatement of the century

The thing is, the digital fur technology looks perfect, it can not be fine-tuned in these 5 months to look any better than it already does. The face effects can only be fine-tuned a very mild amount. But everything in the trailer is so very clearly finished footage. This is all done.

If there was any more evidence necessary to prove this, it's the very first 10 seconds of the trailer.

You don't open a trailer with glimpses like this: 

Skarmavbild_2019-07-19_kl._14.53.09.png

Skarmavbild_2019-07-19_kl._14.54.18.png

teases and silhouettes like there's something they're hiding and theeeeeen... 

Skarmavbild_2019-07-19_kl._14.54.31.png

BOOM! A close up, perfectly centered and in focus shot of one of the cats turning around to look towards the camera. This is what you do when you show off your tech and the visual style of the movie you're making. It's clearly intended to make us go "oh shit this looks so cool and unlike anything we've seen before!". These effects are finished in the eyes of the filmmakers. It just so happens that they are too blinded and innocent enough to realise just how fucking horrifying, disgusting, freaky, unsettling, inhuman, fucked up, nightmare inducing, laughable, meme-worthy, and miscalculated their vision has been this whole time.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

I actually can't believe, that this is the moment in history where we look back at Hermione Granger as a cat and think: Well done, Chris Columbus.

Seriously, it's not amazing, but that's a creation I can buy within human understanding.

What Hooper created is just wrong. It just can't be and so our brains can't handle it. It's like those strange camera angles for CG-Shots theat make movis look so unrealistic nowadays. Sometimes these things at least look great on a technical standpoint, but those catws-faces didn't even maage to look technically well done. It's a disaster from the beginning to the end. 

• Astonished 2

I don't know exactly what some people wanted though.

Did you expect photorealistic Favreau-type Cats dancing like humans? I mean if people think this is terrifying, that would have been some Exorcist level business.

It was either make something like this; film the stage production - which they've already done; or just not make it - and not making things apparently isn't a thing that is an option any more.

And I, for one, am delighted this now exists. Seriously, imagine if this hadn't happened. What misery.

I mean alternatively they could have had them just in Cat onesies, but it hardly would have helped the dancing and I'm holding out on humans in animal onesies and theme park style facepaint for the Robin Hood live action. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

10 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Saw the pictures and gifs and still ended up watching the full trailer. Nobody to blame but myself.

giphy.gif

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Did you expect photorealistic Favreau-type Cats dancing like humans? I mean if people think this is terrifying, that would have been some Exorcist level business.

It was either make something like this; film the stage production - which they've already done; or just not make it - and not making things apparently isn't a thing that is an option any more.

And I, for one, am delighted this now exists. Seriously, imagine if this hadn't happened. What misery.

I mean alternatively they could have had them just in Cat onesies, but it hardly would have helped the dancing and I'm holding out on humans in animal onesies and theme park style facepaint for the Robin Hood live action. 

Pixar animation.

5 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

But dancing - live human dancing - is literally the one and only point of the entire show.

If live human dancing is the only point and there's nothing else worthwhile to it, then it's not worthwhile for them being cats to begin with.

23 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Not this movie. I'm pretty sure most people didn't want a Cats movie, in part because of how stupid it would end up looking.

375d2769-3260-4f4d-ae91-396f25a93d47-scr

This looks like a mod of The Sims 2 on Windows XP.

• Haha 2