kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

4 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Can’t imagine much of an immediate crossover between the two audience demos. 

I can think of at least one person:

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know. I want to see this film out of morbid curiosity, but to say it looks bad as fuck is an understatement. I have a feeling this will be a highly talked about movie come Christmas time, and I have odd feeling it will get a BP nom because what the hell. 

As perplexed as I was the first time watching the trailer on Twitter (which is the WORST possible place you could debut a trailer, the video quality is dog shit), I urge EVERYONE to watch the trailer again on Apple Trailers this time, in good quality.  The CG work feels and looks obviously much better, as weird as it looks, I dig it.

One thing folks need to remember is that unless their intent was to make them look like real cats, it's bound to look freakish. There's no scenario where this design, wanting to retain the actors' faces but with feline features, doesn't end up looking weird. As Colin Trevorrow said, I really appreciate that Hooper is taking a giant swing on this one. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

If awareness translated to dollars this would be one of the biggest grossing movies ever. Seriously, my twitter feed hasn't shut up about it at since the trailer dropped.

I think it's going to be a hit because so many people will be curious to watch the whole thing. But honestly, I think once you get past how weird it looks, it looks really well made imo. It's going to be completely extravagant and probably a blast.

9 hours ago, Morieris said:

&key=a8d5bce5cc8e7f28245deeac680a9ac785b

That's not really my pressing concern when it comes to 'looks' for this movie tbh

White publications love finding one random tweet and then acting as if it's a big deal. 

Like... they're talking about a tweet with 844 likes.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I think it's going to be a hit because so many people will be curious to watch the whole thing. But honestly, I think once you get past how weird it looks, it looks really well made imo. It's going to be completely extravagant and probably a blast.

If tickets were $5 I'd probably see it.  I'm not paying near $20 for the experience though when I can boggle at it just as easily on Netflix.

Just wanna add that, after seeing the trailer in the cinema and a less compressed version from Apple Trailers on my TV, the cat design has real potential to grow on people (similar to Aladdin). There’s a lot of time for people to suck it up and get used to it.

Funny how people that can produce verbal diarrheas about originality always make fun of what is just a bit diffrent from the norm.

So conservative of them.

Also, Alita says Hi !

Edited by The Futurist

13 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Counter-programming. Can’t imagine much of an immediate crossover between the two audience demos. And yeah, like you said, it doesn’t need a huge opening. 

The greatest show man 2.0? Along with jumanji 2, this year CD will be a 2017's rehash. 

More like The greatest show cats....

• Like 1