kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

this is actually selling pretty well around me like i just checked and it's hard to get a good seat for any of the afternoon showings on saturday. the uk though where mamma mia was once the highest grossing film of all-time i swear this country will cream itself for any musical. and this is some eurovision looking nonsense so it'll probably be huge here.

19 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

this is actually selling pretty well around me like i just checked and it's hard to get a good seat for any of the afternoon showings on saturday. the uk though where mamma mia was once the highest grossing film of all-time i swear this country will cream itself for any musical. and this is some eurovision looking nonsense so it'll probably be huge here.

I really don't wish to generalize, but does this have anything to do with the Bollywood obsessed culture over there? A majority of mediocre musicals manage to somehow pull in decent numbers in the UK (most of the time).

1 minute ago, ThePhasmid said:

I really don't wish to generalize, but does this have anything to do with the Bollywood obsessed culture over there? A majority of mediocre musicals manage to somehow pull in decent numbers in the UK (most of the time).

that might be part of it idk. there was a real bollywood boom here about 15 years ago where those movies felt like they were being marketed a lot heavier but that's sort of gone away, maybe because the mainstream hollywood musical has had a minor comeback idk. also i do think there's a genuine mainstream love of camp and kitsch stuff here that plays a big part of it.

55 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

With this and Black Christmas, Universal aren’t having a good Xmas!

Funny thing is, last Christmas was a disaster for them too with Mortal Engines and Welcome to Marwen.

Universal really needs to take a hard look at their yearly holiday season slates and strategies. The movies they're putting out at that time are not working, like at all.

• Like 1