kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

17 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Apparently Universal is rushing improved "fur technology" CGI to theaters. The version moviegoers see starting next week will have the enhanced FX. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-notifies-theaters-cats-is-being-updated-improved-visual-effects-1264689

How much more money are they going to throw at this? lol

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

This movie is going to make so much money in the UK.

Audience was twice the size of Star Wars. Anecdotal I know but I know so many people going to see it who don't go to the movies.

Unfortunately, it was in a tiny room all weekend here, and my local is one of the busiest in the country. Busy, but only 60 seats per show. 

39 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

This movie is going to make so much money in the UK.

Audience was twice the size of Star Wars. Anecdotal I know but I know so many people going to see it who don't go to the movies.

Is anybody supposed to believe this???

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lilmac said:

Apparently Universal is rushing improved "fur technology" CGI to theaters. The version moviegoers see starting next week will have the enhanced FX. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-notifies-theaters-cats-is-being-updated-improved-visual-effects-1264689

Quick, Someone update the thread title (and every thread while your at it).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, aladdino said:

Is anybody supposed to believe this???

Why wouldn't you?

There are at least three times the number of showings of Star Wars per day as Cats. And Cats has had a $4.4m weekend. 

Also, I was there. What in the blue hell would be the point of lying about that? Are you not British and don't have a clue how popular musicals are over here? Or are you actually British and just trolling?

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

41 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Why wouldn't you?

There are at least three times the number of showings of Star Wars per day as Cats. And Cats has had a $4.4m weekend. 

Also, I was there. What in the blue hell would be the point of lying about that? Are you not British and don't have a clue how popular musicals are over here? Or are you actually British and just trolling?

Star Wars made over $26 million over the weekend compared to Cats’s $4.4 million. Cats audience categorically wasn’t even close to twice the size. 

The smaller auditoriums probably resulted in more sellouts. Guarantee if Cats had been in the same auditoriums as Star Wars it’d be nowhere near as busy looking.

3 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Star Wars made over $26 million over the weekend compared to Cats’s $4.4 million. Cats audience categorically wasn’t even close to twice the size. 

The smaller auditoriums probably resulted in more sellouts. Guarantee if Cats had been in the same auditoriums as Star Wars it’d be nowhere near as busy looking.

Indeed.

I wasn't challenging that Star Wars is more popular than Cats. I was challenging the fact that a poster chose to state outright that I was lying.

As you say, there were many runs of SW in bigger theatres and far more showings per day. My screening of Cats had twice the audience of my screening of Star Wars. And I wasn't saying this as evidence that Cats would be bigger than Star Wars. I was using it as evidence that relatively speaking Cats would be much more popular in the UK than it is in the US. Which since I posted has already been proven to be correct.

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 1

Saw this today and as someone who's never seen the stage show I feel like this probably worked more as a stage show. And the effects were indeed dodgy at some parts. Other than the tails the rest of it might have been less weird if done with more practical costuming. 

Edited by thedast
  • Like 1