kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Sal said:

I'm curious how the heck they're gonna do this.  There was word that they wanted to make an animated adaptation at one point and that honestly might have been an easier sell.

Real problem is the stage show really does not have a strong storyline. It is the definition of the "Concept" musical. Look, it's a great show, but it's going to be hard getting a screenplay out of it.

And that Hopper is, as a director, very much  pretty conventional when it comes to narrative and story telling just makes it more problematic. I think you sort of need a more off beat director for this. I am not a big Baz Luhrman fan, but I think he is one of the few directors who could pull this off.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

On 7/23/2018 at 5:16 PM, That One Guy said:

the stage show sucks ass.

My parents went to see it ages ago during its first run, and walked out during intermission. They were like “We get it.  We’re done”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

i still don't know if this is CG or how they're doing it but i'd def like to see idris strutting around in that dumbass cats make up.

It's a combo of practical effects and CGI, meaning not just makeup. Hopefully Idris is the only one who gets makeup.

8 minutes ago, xxoo said:

Is it from Illumination(Univ) or just Universal 

Given that it's not animated, why the hell would Illuminattion be involved.

I think that animatation might have been the way to go with this material but Universal chose otherwise.

You can get away with a bunch of actors dressed as Cats on stage in a live show;I really, really question if you can pull that off on screen.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1