kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

56 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the thing about cats is that it's about cats. and all the cats sing about that they're cats. all the songs are basically "i'm a cat". that's why people like it i think.

Go figure that Hooper is a cat person. 

I'll never forgive him for stealing Fincher's statue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Wicked is decidedly not shit. At least, the iteration I saw in Dallas was full of depth in addition to being great entertainment. 

And Comparing Wicked with Cats is a bad WTF comparasion anyway. Wicked has a very strong story, and Cats has almost no story, it's a prefect example of the "Concept" musical.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's works as a stage show, very skeptical it it can work as a film, given there basically is no story, You also gotta wonder if actors made up to look like cats is going to work on the big screen. In a stage show, you don't have close ups, and I wonder if, no matter how well done, the cat make up will just look silly close up.

i'm all for the weird cat make-up getting the Tommy Hoops close up special. it's the only reason to be excited for this.

9 hours ago, Slambros said:

I disagree with this.

Musicals can be gay--in other words, having something to say about the theme of Homosexuality. Rent is a popular example of a 'gay' musical, for instance.

Musicals can seem frilly and incomprehensible, but it's all by design. Characters break off into song and the editing accomodates their decision, not necessarily because the film is gay, but because the film is choosing to be different.

The idea that musicals are the queer equivalent to non-musical narrative storytelling is one that baffles me, because many films across that genre line share the same ideas, the same thoughts, the same basic sense of empathy.

Is Lin-Manuel Miranda suddenly 'gay' after working for many years to bring his stageplay Hamilton to life? He isn't. That only shows that he's willing to try and give something significant to people all over the world in the form of his musical stories, which is one of the hardest feats to pull off in our modern history.

It's okay if musicals aren't your personal taste--though after watching The Wizard of Oz, Singin' in the Rain, and a treasure trove of Disney films, I can say with certainty that you're missing out on some great things. But the moment you insult an entire genre is the moment you insult many people who've chosen the genre as their occupation.

No, musicals are gay.

But that’s not a bad thing.  Because gay is good.

21 minutes ago, PANDA said:

No, musicals are gay.

But that’s not a bad thing.  Because gay is good.

I mean, I guess you could say musicals are gay in the sense that Singin' in the Rain has an incredibly happy vibe, as most musicals do.

10 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I mean, I guess you could say musicals are gay in the sense that Singin' in the Rain has an incredibly happy vibe, as most musicals do.

it's also gay in the sense of a gay vibe. no way don lockwood and cosmo didn't bone at some point in their lives.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Nah, they’re gay and that’s okay.

I mean cause hey, I like them anyway

Because you see, if it were me, I would fee free to say that musicals are gay

They are queer, and I’m still here, year after year, because they’re dear to me

And I know that they, would accept me too, if I was gay (but I’m not gay)

Musicals are gay, and I shout hooray, and they are here to stay

As they say, it’s in their DNA, they’re gay!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

OK. . . 

Sure the musical is just a series of vignettes but not every musical has lyrics by T.S. Elliot.  Each song/poem should have it's own feel.  The movie would greatly benefit from a more imaginative whimsical director.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to Idris expanding his cat repertoire.   First Shera Khan and now Macavity!   Who's next?  Tailchaser?  A Cat In The Hat remake?

“Macavity’s a Mystery Cat: he’s called the Hidden Paw –

For he’s the master criminal who can defy the Law.

He’s the bafflement of Scotland Yard, the Flying Squad’s despair:
For when they reach the scene of crime – Macavity’s not there!”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PANDA said:

I know these are probably being said with an intention of being negative, but I read every phase of this in a good way.

it's really not. I got a warning for calling musicals gay and it's ridiculous. the moment someone assumes it's an insult is the moment they see gay as inferior. I like plenty of gay shit. Frozen is gay but I watched that movie 4 times in a week. Harry Potter is gay but everyone loves it.

Your posts clearly show that gay doesn't mean its negative. alot of people like gay stuff, including me, I just felt cats has always been a little too gay. no-one should see this as an insult in any way. thank you for not taking offense, I hope no-one else did either.