kayumanggi

CATS | DIGITAL FUR TECH TO LOSE 113.2M IN LITTER BOX | December 20, 2019 | #ReleaseTheButtholeCut

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Would you like to bet on that?

This just too bizarre looking to work with general audiences.

Well it’ll certainly open higher, and it’s Christmas. I can’t see it being a mega bomb. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope to god the trailer for this is attached before my showing of The Lion King this weekend cause I wanna witness how a sold out theater full of unsuspecting people respond to this thing.

If they’ve already bought a ticket to see The Lion King, I wouldn’t use the word “unsuspecting” lol 

That film certainly seems to have its own problems. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So is this going to pull a Greatest Showman or die a painful death at the box office?

Something tells me Universal felt a false sense of security when putting this up against Star Wars.

Eh, they put it there because it's Christmas, which has always been the time of year multiple movies co-exist easily and have their grosses spread out.

Whether it'll do well...we'll see. If anything, it's assured to be the comedy hit of the holidays!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope to god the trailer for this is attached before my showing of The Lion King this weekend cause I wanna witness how a sold out theater full of unsuspecting people respond to this thing.

Disney should sue.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, they put it there because it's Christmas, which has always been the time of year multiple movies co-exist easily and have their grosses spread out.

Whether it'll do well...we'll see. If anything, it's assured to be the comedy hit of the holidays!

It also provides a nice excuse if the film ..as I fervently believe ...bombs badly:

"The Competition Was Too Powerful".,

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Disney should sue.

Universal should have released this as part of their "Dark Universe" horror series.

Gonna scare the hell out of a lot more people then the Universal Monsters ever did......

Edited by dudalb
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Do you even have to ask?

I mean, ya never know right?

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

"Greatest Showman" was mainstream; this looks like something out of an insane asylum.

Universal can start working on what tax writeoffs they can get for this right now.

You just never know how many people are going to show up out of sheer curiosity. It seems like the kind of thing that could unexpectedly catch on. In fairness, I haven't scoured the internet for reactions myself. Based on people's comments here, it does sound like the majority of people don't know what the hell to think about this. 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Oh for sure, but RIGHT up against TRoS is what I meant. It's going to get completely drowned out that weekend.

Actually, just realized that, unlike past years, the calendar this year is such that there isn't a whole other week between Star Wars and Christmas. If this wasn't dropping on the 20th it would have dropped 5 days later on Christmas Day anyway. So yeah, I suppose they may as well.

• Haha 1