CaptainJackSparrow

Lights Out (Horror July 22nd...produced by James Wan)

Damn, this movie is super short, at 81 minutes it is shorter than most animated movies released in theaters!

Also with a $5m budget it is cheaper than each of the Purge sequels!

If the movie has an opening credit the actual running time might be in low 70s

• Like 1

Teresa Palmer was wise to go for this project, her last 7 movies have bombed.

Bedtime Stories and Warm Bodies are her only hits. 

Two failed franchise attempts: I Am Number Four and The Sorcerers Apprentice and a failed sequel The Grudge 2.

And this is at 92% (6.9/10) on RT too. Wow could be a cool weekend at the movies!

Critics Consensus: Lights Outmakes skillful use of sturdy genre tropes -- and some terrific performances -- for an unsettling, fright-filled experience that delivers superior chills without skimping on story.

Stuckmann already hit it too:

Rated it a B+. I skipped to the end because I don't like to watch too many of these Youtube reviews for horror movies because they have a tendency to spoil some set pieces.

Lin and Wan will rule this weekend.

Edited by somebody85

I think Kristen Stewart is a beautiful woman.  Having said that, she is nowhere near as beautiful nor does she look remotely similar to the stunning Palmer.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I think Kristen Stewart is a beautiful woman.  Having said that, she is nowhere near as beautiful nor does she look remotely similar to the stunning Palmer.  

Interesting.

For whatever reason, I have always seen a strong resemblance between those two. In fact, the first time ever I laid eyes on Palmer was in the trailer for that eighties-set Topher Grace film, Take Me Home Tonight, and I swore that it was Stewart. 

As far as who's more beautiful, that's a matter of personal taste, of course, but I truly think they are both gorgeous.

• Like 2

Is it me, or does movie criticism has a lot to do with a herd mentality? I have always had the impression that, as soon as the first few professional critics' reviews come out, all those Youtube "film critics" adopt whatever seems to be the popular consensus for any given movie and simply parrot it. Be it consciously or unconsciously, I think a lot of bloggers and youtube reviewers just mirror what the "popular" opinion of a film is, just so they follow the herd.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baumer said:

I thinkt hey are both incredibly beautiful but I disagree with your last statement there, they at times look a lot alike.  Here's some proof :P 

teresapalmer-kstew.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hangman said:

Saw a screening of Lights Out tonight. I can't really say anything without spoiling the it, so I'll just it it was pretty good :)

There was lots of laughter and applause from the audience which is always a good sign.

this was supposed to be a horror film :depp:

47 minutes ago, 75live said:

I thinkt hey are both incredibly beautiful but I disagree with your last statement there, they at times look a lot alike.  Here's some proof :P 

teresapalmer-kstew.jpg

Remember when the Twilight craze reached full fever pitch and the haters called K-stew "ugly" and "manly"?  :D

• Like 1