CaptainJackSparrow

Lights Out (Horror July 22nd...produced by James Wan)

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Remember when the Twilight craze reached full fever pitch and the haters called K-stew "ugly" and "manly"?  :D

yeah I never got that, about the movies or more importantly about her.  I think she got more beautiful as she got older, but I never thought she was ugly.  I even met her once and she was pretty cool.

• Like 5

Anyone calling Stewart ugly obviously must have super model girlfriends.  I would imagine all of these Kstew haters are about 40 pounds over weight and sit around telling stories about their "girlfriends" who all live in Niagara Falls.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Anyone calling Stewart ugly obviously must have super model girlfriends.  I would imagine all of these Kstew haters are about 40 pounds over weight and sit around telling stories about their "girlfriends" who all live in Niagara Falls.

Yeah, she isn't outrageously attractive compared to the super model looks of everyone in Hollywood, but if you saw her at a bar guys would be running each other over to go make a move on her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, she isn't outrageously attractive compared to the super model looks of everyone in Hollywood, but if you saw her at a bar guys would be running each other over to go make a move on her.

I don' think she tries to be gorgeous either.  I've seen pictures of the so called gorgeous Hollywood people, without their makeup and them all done up, and they are still attrzctive, but not what you see on screen.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Baumer said:

Scarlett and Kate, still gorgeous, but normal gorgeous

kate-and-scarjo-1024x700.jpg

What's the difference between normal gorgeous and whatever they are with makeup? I don't see the difference? This picture just proves they're gorgeous no matter what to be honest because they really are...

Just saw this. I'm not going to write out a long, drawn out review because I don't know how to rate horror movies (they don't scare me in the slightest). But I believe that Lights Out utilizes the tropes of the horror genre to avoid becoming a genre film and stands out as its own kind of thing. I would probably say that anybody who enjoys The Conjuring will probably like it. I only wish that the antagonist looked different, merely because the ghost itself is uninspiring and typical of what I have seen in horror movies over the last decade. But that wasn't enough to make me dislike it.

Bottom line, I thought it was entertaining (not scary). It certainly helped this movie to have James Wan aboard as producer. I'd say it was worth the price of admission.

Edited by NoobSaibot
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

What's the difference between normal gorgeous and whatever they are with makeup? I don't see the difference? This picture just proves they're gorgeous no matter what to be honest because they really are...

They are made up in film to look more attractive than they really are.  That was the whole point of them doing these photos.  They wanted to show everyone that what you see on screen isn't real.  They said that when they step onto the red carpet or are in a 200 million dollar Hollywood movie, they spend hours in the make-up and wardrobe department.  It's to create an illusion.  These photos were done to show that they are regular people with normal flaws like the rest of the women out there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mrqe93 said:

Staying home tonight. Heat warning in Toronto... I'll catch it on Tuesday

It's freaking midnight and its still 30 degrees out....wtf!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Baumer said:

It's freaking midnight and its still 30 degrees out....wtf!!

BC is pretty hot too. Not that hot, but it's 9PM right now and according to snapchat it's 26 degrees.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Is it true that the message of this movie is that if you

Reveal hidden contents

?

Are you fucking kidding me?  

No.  Absolutely not.  That's is not what the message is anymore than the message of Friday the 13th is if you see a mentally retarded kid in summer camp, you should drown him.

• Like 2