newbie BO buff

Summer 2016 Bombs

This will be the first one for June. The smallest flop but still proves that audiences really want to see a good comedy to get themselves lured into this will likely be one people check out on home video/Netflix.popstar-lonley-island-movie-poster.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Warcraft is safe. It's gonna be huge in China.

Domestic it will be a soft bomb, at OS is destroying Alice & Apocalypse right now.

Good thing USA is not the center of the world anymore huh.

Edited by Belakor

Popstar

Tarzan (I'm starting to feel I may be wrong on this breaking out)

Free State of Jones (won't make a dent overseas, and that 65M budget is ridiculous)

Ben-Hur

Pete's Dragon (depends if this is a 50M or 120M+ film)

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced Free State of Jones will be a gigantic bomb.

Though STX is doing a fine job with marketing, the premise is so niche that I don't know if it will even make 10 million on its opening weekend.

And as @DAJK said it will make almost nothing overseas to ease the losses.

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

This will be June's biggest flop. I was correct about "Alice" and will be about "Dory" as well. Disney saturated the market this spring/summer with family films, good ones in Zoo and TJB, and the fatigue has set in.

Finding-Dory-Disney-pixar-2016.jpg

How is that $330M prediction for X-Men working out? :P

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How is that $330M prediction for X-Men working out? :P

Not good. But my low predictions have been accurate. So trust me when I saw this has "big disappointment" written all over it. :)

FWIW, when I made the X-men predict my focus was more on how much it would crush "Alice" by, not its actual number. Excuses, excuses ... :)

Edited by SteveJaros

9 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

This will be June's biggest flop. I was correct about "Alice" and will be about "Dory" as well. Disney saturated the market this spring/summer with family films, good ones in Zoo and TJB, and the fatigue has set in.

No, Finding Dory will not flop

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

:rofl: are you for fucking real now?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

:rofl: are you for fucking real now?

We shall see. Save your laughter until the numbers roll in. I remember many here thought i was nuts when I predicted CACW would open at around $170m and was only 50-50 to crack $400m DOM, and we see how that turned out. ;)

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Not good. But my low predictions have been accurate. So trust me when I saw this has "big disappointment" written all over it. :)

FWIW, when I made the X-men predict my focus was more on how much it would crush "Alice" by, not its actual number. Excuses, excuses ... :)

If you're just going to toss out random numbers that even you obviously don't believe in then you probably shouldn't bother playing the box office game in the first place. Just saying.

Just now, SteveJaros said:

We shall see. Save your laughter until the numbers roll in. I remember many here thought i was nuts when I predicted CACW would open at around $170m and was only 50-50 to crack $400m DOM, and we see how that turned out. ;)

Yeah, but that's not an Alice 2 flop, man.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah, but that's not an Alice 2 flop, man.

FWIW, I'm not predicting an "Alice 2" or "Tomorrowland" level flop for Dory either. If that's what this thread is about then I didn't read carefully enough before posting. I think Dory will be a relative disappointment: Right around $200m DOM. By what most are predicting, that would qualify as a "flop" for it. 

Edited by SteveJaros