Kevin Bacon

BLAIR WITCH | Sequel to THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT | 9/16/16 | The Blair Witch returns as The Blair "Blair Witch" Witch

34 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

Does anybody think 100M is in play here?

Guess it depends how high it can hit on OW. If it does actually go over $40m, that may be enough. Not hearing a lot of buzz in the real world, but the viral campaign seems to be doing well so, it's possible, if not probable.

Just watched this tonight, Disclaimer: I did not like the original at all, I thought it was dull and scare free.

My thoughts on this one are about the same, the first 70 minutes are not particularly interesting, it feels like you could be watching any found footage film from the past ten years and they basically just rejigged the first film but added newer cameras. At least the first film had the intrigue and originality behind it when it was first released, this one just seems tired after the enslaught of similar films we have had since 99'.

To give it credit, the final 10 minutes or so does up the creepiness level and is certainly more effective than the nothing that was the end of the original. However, there is nothing to give you nightmares here, if it didn't have the Blair witch name no one would be going fawning over it like the initial reviews have (that RT score is going way down once the real critics see it)

Overall, if you liked the original and thought that was scary then you will probably like this. For what it's worth, I saw it at a discount screening and there will people in the audience jokingly asking if they could still get their money back.

On 08/09/2016 at 8:38 AM, Hiccup23 said:

Does anybody think 100M is in play here?

It needs to open with at least $43m to cross $100m, IMO. I'm seeing an OW slight over TC2 for a total between $90m-$95m.

Btw, I finally watched The Guest yesterday, I'm even more excited for this, Wingard truly knows how to make an atmospheric movie!

Ugh. Three mediocre to poor reviews right off the bat for Blair Witch from The Guardian, Variety and Hollywood Reporter. Either they're going overboard with the comparisons to the first film, or they really think this one doesn't cut it in general. Disappointing start given all the hype.

Not sure if I want our theatre to get this this weekend. On the one hand it looks cool, on the other this random girl I met while working found me at school and asked me to see it this weekend. Not getting it gets me out of it because I have a hard time saying no on the spot :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 75live said:

I won't read one review, mainly because I never read reviews anyway :P 

I hope to see this first day, if not, I'll still find a a way to see it this weekend

I'm not reading reviews either, mostly because when it comes to horror, critics and me usually disagree vehemently.  And if you go on twitter and look at the reaction of people that saw it at midnight madness last night, it's almost unanimously positive.

I want to know nothing.....nothing at all, before I see it on Thursday.

• Like 3

Just now, Baumer loves Oogieloves said:

I'm not reading reviews either, mostly because when it comes to horror, critics and me usually disagree vehemently.  And if you go on twitter and look at the reaction of people that saw it at midnight madness last night, it's almost unanimously positive.

I want to know nothing.....nothing at all, before I see it on Thursday.

yeah that's another reason I don't care about reviews or reviewers, they tend to spoil things and they don't know me so how can they tell me how I would react to a movie ;) 

• Like 2

WOM will be poor on this, it'll have its fans but it's just not that great of a movie, the concept is way overdone now. Cinemascore of C or below is what I'm expecting. My screening was probably a D- reaction and I went to a specific horror showing where the crowd should be lapping this sort of thing up.

• Like 1