Dark 33Legend of the Sith

Multiple Domestic Crowns? Pretty Tough Task....(The Last Jedi makes more history)

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

sort of can, buzz for Solo has gone rather south since TLJ. 

The buzz was always low. Really, nobody asked for a Young Han Solo movie. Interest seemed muted from the start.

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

sort of can, buzz for Solo has gone rather south since TLJ. 

How exactly did you measure the buzz for this movie, much less get a clear picture of the buzz before and after the release of TLJ?

There really isn't anything that suggested what kind of buzz this movie had or curently has. The first very loose indication we could get would be the arrival and reaction to the first teaser, but even that won't tell us a whole lot.

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The buzz was always low. Really, nobody asked for a Young Han Solo movie. Interest seemed muted from the start.

I think with Rogue One people were hungering for any kind of Star Wars and the fact it tied into one of the most popular movies ever helped. 

7 minutes ago, George Parr said:

How exactly did you measure the buzz for this movie, much less get a clear picture of the buzz before and after the release of TLJ?

There really isn't anything that suggested what kind of buzz this movie had or curently has. The first very loose indication we could get would be the arrival and reaction to the first teaser, but even that won't tell us a whole lot.

Its rather simple, its called a gut feeling :)

Ever since TLJ released, buzz I seen from Star wars fans has been turned south on this film as people dont want SW turned into the MCU. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Some anecdotal feelings of yours are hardly what I would call proof for anything.

This movie hasn't really been in the eye of the public, as such it had obviously little buzz so far. Judging how that has changed is virtually impossible. It's all stabbing in the dark, basing things on a handful of people who may or may not represent the general opinion, and who may not even have been interested before that anyway.

46 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Some anecdotal feelings of yours are hardly what I would call proof for anything.

This movie hasn't really been in the eye of the public, as such it had obviously little buzz so far. Judging how that has changed is virtually impossible. It's all stabbing in the dark, basing things on a handful of people who may or may not represent the general opinion, and who may not even have been interested before that anyway.

One is this is not 2016 anymore, there is no glowing buzz from TFA to make any new SW film become an automatic super hit. 

Unlike RO this faces films like Avengers 3 and Deadpool that share a similar audience to this film and will take away a ton of buzz.

RO benefited from the fact it was the most buzzed about film in the fall and winter of 2016. As a result, after the Summer people looked forward to Rogue One and pretty much nothing much else. 

It is not anecdotal feelings, but I having nothing concrete either but the way things are placed now, does not show for a great success for this film from my point of view. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Deserves a bump.  So Star Wars bombs this year and still takes the domestic crown by more than 100 million and will likely take the WW crown as well.

I'm curious to see how Avatar does on this list.

And btw...American Sniper won 2014.  :)

• Like 3

I think it would be foolish to count Solo out.  It would also be foolish to call it automatic as well.  Infinity War will open massive but will it increase that much from Ultron? I'm sold on that yet.

Despite the negativity surrounding Solo, the buzz from a while back was that Kasdan's script was outstanding-maybe there is a shot it can have relatively decent legs.  If it can find a way to open to 150 or more then it could happen.

I think 500 is the Magic Number for 2018.  That likely gets the win.  I would be on the under for Solo for 500 but wouldn't count it out as well.