PanaMovie

Me Before You OS Thread - 151.2M OS - 207.4M WW!!! - 20M Budget

I find it odd that there's not topic on this movie 

I feel a lot of anticipation, maybe not like TFIOS but 100M+ OS is possible?

Predict!

Release Dates 

Norway June 2016

South Korea 2 June 2016

Singapore 2 June 2016

Estonia 3 June 2016

UK 3 June 2016

Ireland 3 June 2016

India 3 June 2016

Cambodia 3 June 2016

Lithuania 3 June 2016

USA 3 June 2016

Poland 10 June 2016

Philippines 15 June 2016

Australia 16 June 2016

Hungary 16 June 2016

Netherlands 16 June 2016

Sweden 17 June 2016

Argentina 23 June 2016

Chile 23 June 2016

Germany 23 June 2016

France 23 June 2016

Croatia 23 June 2016

Bulgaria 24 June 2016

Taiwan 24 June 2016

Brazil 30 June 2016

Russia 7 July 2016

Spain 8 July 2016

Finland 15 July 2016

Greece 4 August 2016

Portugal 11 August 2016

Italy 1 September 2016

Source: Imdb.com 

Edited by PanaMovie

Deadline

Me Before You has cumed $3.4M in 16 offshore markets through Friday including the UK, Norway and Korea along with some smaller hubs. This is a key counterprogramming title for the upcoming Euro 2016 soccer tournament. The UK, Germany and Korea are expected to be among key plays as rollout continues throughout the summer. The UK opened yesterday with $970K from 455 screens and taking the No. 1 position of the day, per WB. Norway was also a No. 1 with $290K on 160, and Korea has a three-day cume of $679K; it’s at No. 4.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/warcraft-second-weekend-international-box-office-results-me-before-you-1201767383/

• Like 1

ME BEFORE YOU
Opening in 16 overseas markets, MGM/New Line’s romance Me Before You grossed$7.7M in its first outing on 1,760 screens. The Warner Bros release took the top spot in the UK for the FSS — this does not include sneaks which Universal and Paramount are factoring in for Warcraft and TMNT2, respectively. The UK box office for the adaptation of Jojo Moyes’ weepy novel was $2.7M. Norway was also a No. 1 start with $616K. In Korea, where male- and older-skewing fare is leading the way, Me Before You picked up a good $1.6M. That bested comps like The Fault In Our Stars,Dear John and If I Stay. Thailand and Malaysia also topped its predecessors.

The next major markets to open include Australia and Brazil on June 16 and Germany on June 23. The key overseas plays for films of this ilk are generally the English-speaking markets along with Germany. Brazil, however, was tops on TFIOSwhen the it hosted the World Cup.

Source: Deadline.com

In total the Emilia Clarke/Sam Claflin pic generated another $13.5M for a total $36M after three. Australia bowed to $2.1M on 228 screens; that’s better than all comps barring TFIOS which beat it by 12%. Including sneaks the cume there is $2.4M. The biggest hub — and notably during Euro 2016 soccer play — continues to be the UK with $9.5M total after a 28% drop this frame. Korea is also holding well with a 27% dip and a total $4.5M. Germany opens this week.

Brazil 3.7M 

Still has a lot of major markets

• Like 1

MGM/New Line/Warner Bros’ tearjerker crossed $60M this weekend internationally, with great openings in Mexico ($3.8M) and Germany ($3.2M). The total weekend offshore for the Emilia Clarke/Sam Claflin-starrer was $17.5M with Spain, Russia and Italy among key markets yet to bow. Mexico beat the opening weekend of The Fault In Our Stars by 40%, coming in No. 2 for the frame. Germany was a strong No. 1 on 509 screens and is tracking well ahead of comps including TFIOS by 114%. 

Brazil, which was the top market on World Cup counterprogrammer TFIOS two years ago, added $2.7M to drop just 20% for a total $8.1M. The top market remains the UK with $11.4M followed by Korea at $5.3M and Australia at $4.9M.

• Like 1

ME BEFORE YOU
New Line/MGM/Warner Bros’ teen tearjerker picked up a further $12.2M in international play on 5,200 screens in 44 markets. The cume cume to date is $83M.Spain launched to $616K from 255 screens, coming in 16% below main comp, The Fault In Our Stars. After last week’s strong start, Germany dipped just 11% for $2M and a $6.8M cume. Brazil‘s 3rd weekend also added $2M, from 717 screens, and ranking No. 2. The drop was 29% for a total thus far of $11.4M. Russia bows next weekend.

Russia and Italy next...a little nice hit for WB 

• Like 1

Screendaily:

Me Before You has hit the $100m mark at the international box office, with an estimated $10.5m weekend from its 51 markets lifting it to $103m.

The adaptation opened with a terrific $1.5m in Russia, while Brazil became its leading overseas market as a 23% drop in its fourth weekend taking its local tally to $14.2m.

• Like 1

An excellent 39% drop greeted the Warner Bros tearjerker for an estimated $7.2M in 55 markets. After seven sessions of release, the offshore total is now $116.6M. The film has been solid counterprogramming in a summer crowded with sequels and soccer. It will play out over the coming weeks before it hits Italy on September 1. Brazil leads at $15.7M followed by the UK with $13.4M and Germany at $12.6M.

• Like 2

On 04/07/2016 at 1:08 AM, Arlborn said:

It's crazy how much it's been making in Brazil, people really eat this kind of YA stuff up over here. Any chance it passes the Uk as its biggest international market by the end of its run, I wonder?

Nailed it.

Brazil is a YA paradise.

Edited by Arlborn