The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

30 minutes ago, Kalo said:

GOTG has one of the best opening title scenes ever, I don't know how they can top it in Vol 2. Also this should be higher than Avengers and Iron Man, but it's placement is acceptable(ish) at least. 

It is higher than Iron Man (which isn't gonna show up on the list)

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Panda said there is 4.MCU films on the list. 3 have already shown up. Either The Avengers of Iron Man isn't on the list

Yeah I just reread I thought we had 2 more to go not just 1 - well poo I would take IM over the TA on this list but it's probably the other way around.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

It'll be IRON MAN 3.

I had them back to back (IM1 / IM3) but would redo with 3 higher. The Psychology aspects of IM3 (and the great Trevor) make it fantastic IMO.

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

@Wrath one thing to keep in mind with your comment about bank fraud is that the film takes place in the years before most of the rules and regulations we have now that would constitute bank fraud. Its been a few years since I have seen the film but as a financial guy / banker for the past 6 years there is nothing that causes me to say he would have been found guilty much less indited. However the time frame was much different and the bank runs generally don't happen like that anymore. Mr. Potter on the other hand could be considered a part of conspiracy in order to benefit himself and his bank ;)

Eh, I dunno. It was long ago, but the FDIC and SEC were both started in the early 1930s and the movie's set in 1945, so from a basic regulatory standpoint its actually closer to modern day than to, say, the 1920s. The depression-era bank runs of the 1930s were long past by that point. Its true that he wasn't actually committing bank fraud since we omnisciently know he wasn't the one who stole the money. But ~$250k (in today's money) disappeared without a trace on his watch suggesting he's either incompetent or criminal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yeah I just reread I thought we had 2 more to go not just 1 - well poo I would take IM over the TA on this list but it's probably the other way around.

I think they're both good but overrated movies. 

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I had them back to back (IM1 / IM3) but would redo with 3 higher. The Psychology aspects of IM3 (and the great Trevor) make it fantastic IMO.

I think they're all moderately mediocre movies, some skewing to entertaining, some not, so the argument of which ones should be included is inherently goofy to me. :lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Panda said there is 4.MCU films on the list. 3 have already shown up. Either The Avengers of Iron Man isn't on the list

oh I think you may be right, for some reason I was thinking there were 5. 

Edited by Kalo

14 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think they're all moderately mediocre movies, some skewing to entertaining, some not, so the argument of which ones should be included is inherently goofy to me. :lol:

I think thats what makes lists like this interesting because film tastes like James, ethan, tree etc get balanced by tastes like yours and then those of us in the middle (Baumer / Myself - the majority probably) give a little to help both sides lol.

• Like 3

List to this point - I am at 7/30 so far since most of the marvel / potter stuff didn't make my list to help my numbers also have 3 of the honorable mentions

100 The Big Lebowski
99 No Country For Old Men
98 Magnolia
97 Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows 2
96 Captain America: Winter Soldier
95 Ghostbusters
94 Do The Right Thing
93 Her
92 Captain America Civil War
91 Raging Bull
90 China Town
89 The Shining
88 The Wolf of Wall Street
87 North By Northwest
86 Spider-Man 2
85 Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban
84 Aladdin
83 Saving Private Ryan
82 One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
81 The Terminator
80 Whiplash
79 Aliens
78 Psycho
77 Heat
76 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
75 Memento
74 Once Upon A Time In The West
73 Boyhood
72 Dr Strangelove
71 Guardians of the Galaxy 
70 It's a Wonderful Life

So far only 8 in my top 100 made it. haven't seen 9 of them. haven't hated any that have shown up so far though. Doctor Strange Love is probably my least favorite out of them and I'd give it like a B. super overrated, but not awful.