The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

16 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

If we go by franchises instead:

Die Hard

Harry Potter

Lethal Weapon

Predator

Highlander

The Hunger Games

Divergent

Before (Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight :wub:)

Transformers

MCU

DCU

And so on and on. There are plenty more, older ones too. I get your point though, as many of those wouldn't be exactly liked by lots of people. Still, it would be fun anyway.

I Like trilogies better, not quite as corporate $$$ feeling. but I do got an idea for a couple exceptions. like stories with complete archs like say Hunger Games allowing 4 films so quadologies in some cases. makes it easy to separate Harry Potter too, 1-4, 5-8. 

• Like 1

Watched Schindlers list, Memento and The Usual Suspects. The first two are really good. Both would make the top 50 of my list as of right now and I am almost sure second viewings are going to make them feel even better.

The Usual Suspects was quite good too. The double twists at the end were really great. But the film depended totally on them and in the end they didn't end up being impactful enough to the story we are told itself. That scene of realization is shown in a way as if everything we saw was fabricated but then when we see him in the car it is clear that most of it was true. On the other hand there's something like Memento and Fight Club where everything changes with the twist. The twist in this one was made to feel so important, and in of itself it was pretty good too, but it wasn't really important. Just another whodunnit reveal done really well. Still, it was good and might possibly make it on the bottom 25 of my top 100. 

So that makes it 44/53 for the films on the list that i have seen and which were in my list. And my top 82 list extends to top 85.

• Like 1