The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

1) grave of the fireflies sucks

2) i think it's great that pretty much every movie on this countdown can get an "ugh" from someone on the forum. the diversity of taste is more interesting. thread would be boring if everyone was all "Yes! Perfect!" with the whole list.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

2) i think it's great that pretty much every movie on this countdown can get an "ugh" from someone on the forum. the diversity of taste is more interesting. thread would be boring if everyone was all "Yes! Perfect!" with the whole list.

Can we at least shit on people who have bad taste, though?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You can find someone who hates anything. That's just literally true. You can even find a knucklehead who thinks that Citizen Kane is an abomination.

My guess is somewhere out there, someone hates those films.  I pretty much hate TS3.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You can find someone who hates anything. That's just literally true. You can even find a knucklehead who thinks that Citizen Kane is an abomination.

Yes, my middle name is knucklehead...and Kane is one of the worst films in the history film.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

If we have to belittle other people's tastes to be interesting, then we suck as a community

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Can we at least shit on people who have bad taste, though?

Bad taste according to whom?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

If we have to belittle other people's tastes to be interesting, then we suck as a community

Well, it's not belittling other people's tastes as much as having a hard time understanding why something you love/hate so much can be so revered or detested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

"Ilsa, She-wolf of the SS" is totally making my list next time.

That came in at number 101 for me....just missed my list.  Troma's 1980's horror film came in at 102.

• Like 1

Just now, Baumer said:

Well, it's not belittling other people's tastes as much as having a hard time understanding why something you love/hate so much can be so revered or detested.

I find incessant complaining just mind numbing, not interesting. Because as far as I can tell no one is truly interested in understanding why others like a film more than they do, they just want to be a wet blanket

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I find incessant complaining just mind numbing, not interesting. Because as far as I can tell no one is truly interested in understanding why others like a film more than they do, they just want to be a wet blanket

Well, you described the internet in general.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Baumer, I know you've quoted me twice in the past 30 minutes. I'm not reading it.

And I'm all broken up about it.

2 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

Only watched HEAT a few weeks ago, don't even remember that scene. In fact the whole movie is very forgettable.

How are the robbery or diner scenes forgettable?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAR said:

How are the robbery or diner scenes forgettable?

Some people have a strange idea of entertainment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Well, there is never going to be a unanimous love for one film.  There's people who hate ET and there's people who hate Toy Story 3.  You can't please everyone.

If a person hates ET, despite not having a soul, that's their opinion and they have a right to it. :P

Edited by Dark 33Legend of the Sith
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

If a person hates ET, despite not having a soul, that's their opinion and they have a right to it.

Totally. If anything, we should actually try to be supportive and understanding of their state, since its probably very sad to have no soul.

• Like 3

LOL well considering me to have no soul then cause I feel like ET is nothing more than overrated 80s tripe ;) that being said, I can appreciate the film for what it is and for how well crafted it is (I mean it's Spielberg at his near best) but the film never connected to me no matter how many times I saw it as a kid or adult - similar problems that I have with The Princess Bride

• Like 3