The Panda

BOT Top 100 Movies of All Time: The Empire Strikes Back... Again... For the Third Time...

3 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It took me until the list reached #40 or so to realize that no, Mulholland Drive isn't gonna make it. Well... some day.

You know it's a sad state of affairs when all these cartoons and funny page movies make the list, and the best film of the 21st century doesn't.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

You know it's a sad state of affairs when all these cartoons and funny page movies make the list, and the best film of the 21st century doesn't.

Oh, crap, better get off your lawn

• Like 1

It s funny to read super complex analysis of Mullolhand Drive by super clever dudes because I am quite positive Lynch would find them hysterical.

This is not how his brains work at all and those guys try to make connections that are simply not there.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

When those 10% or 15% are better than everything that didn't make the list (or made the list below them), yes they should.

But theyre not lol

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I think 10-15% from any single creative entity is too much for the list, whether it be the collective Pixar brain trust or Spielberg or Hitchcock or whoever.

Well the movies earned their place themselves, there are Pixar's still not on the list. If they happen to be from the same team, then that just speaks more about how that team is the single greatest and most consistent creative team to gift us with thir gifts.

And you are putting down ALL of animation to the same grade as the filmography of a single director? Here's how it is. When one explains films of this world to an alien here's how he'd go. He'd say films are divided into two mediums. Animation and Live Action. And then he'll list the sub categories under them which will most be common to both. So you think that one of two mediums of film, that the very first branching level in the film tree, is on the same scale as any single director's filmography? When one opens his mind and considers that, 10-15% would seem actually quite low and clearly um.. anti-animation-ist of the general audience. Its true that less films are made of that medium than of the other one but that itself is anti-animation-ist of the film industry and anyways raw numbers has got nothing to do with it. It just shows that a greater percent of the films of that medium are great.

Edited by Infernus

18 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Well the movies earned their place themselves, there are Pixar's still not on the list. If they happen to be from the same team, then that just speaks more about how that team is the single greatest and most consistent creative team to gift us with thir gifts.

I was preferring to Pixar and their 8-9 entries, not animation in general. Though even for animation, there's not much range at all within that genre.

I guess nobody will ever be happy with these lists. 

For the record I like animation, I think it's one of the hardest mediums to pull off.   But regardless if I feel a film is worth it it's going on my list.

18 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I was preferring to Pixar and their 8-9 entries, not animation in general. Though even for animation, there's not much range at all within that genre.

If one refuses to get out of America