WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | CERTIFIED FRESH | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars

11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

A new trailer has to be coming next week right? Can't wait to find out more about the movie.

Im pretty sure its gonna be out on Tuesday. 

On 12/31/2019 at 4:16 PM, stealthyfrog said:

I think it will fall below Shazam numbers, though that will be enough for this to be a mild success.

Is this based on any type of tracking numbers? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Is this based on any type of tracking numbers? 

This had the same long range forecast as Shazam (40-60m opening weekend and 150m finish) but no official tracking till 3 weeks before usually I believe. 

Edited by cax16

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This had the same long term forecast as Shazam (40-60m opening weekend and 150m finish) but no official tracking till 3 weeks before usually I believe. 

I think this should do slightly better both DOM and OS.   Harley Quinn is a much bigger name,  that should offset any worries about R vs. PG-13. 

25 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think this should do slightly better both DOM and OS.   Harley Quinn is a much bigger name,  that should offset any worries about R vs. PG-13. 

It has a much better release date then Shazam with way less competition in comparison.

This is a hard one to predict imo, it will be interesting to see what it does. I am hoping it can do around 375-400m WW. 

13 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

A new trailer has to be coming next week right? Can't wait to find out more about the movie.

Yup 

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Yup 

Why does it say trailer 4? Where are the other two trailers?

Edit: I'm guessing trailer 1 is the 40 second teaser and trailer 3 is the green band version of this trailer.

Edited by lorddemaxus

got to echo the sub-Shazam comments. 

I previously thought this would do really well. But its now only a month away and no buzz. Not seen any advertising. Not feeling it.

Would guess 35-40M. Maybe bit higher.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Why does it say trailer 4? Where are the other two trailers?

Edit: I'm guessing trailer 1 is the 40 second teaser and trailer 3 is the green band version of this trailer.

Yup, but trailer 3 is a slightly tamer version of the October trailer, not this new one.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I previously thought this would do really well. But its now only a month away and no buzz. Not seen any advertising. Not feeling it.

Remember this is a WB release. They usually go all in on the promotion 2 weeks before. This still has 5 full weeks left.

Cast haven’t even hit the talk shows yet and the final trailer isn’t out. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Im pretty sure its gonna be out on Tuesday. 

About a month before release like Warner have done lately.

Moral of the story, don't believe everything you read online:

On 12/4/2019 at 3:58 PM, lorddemaxus said:

The person who leaked those plot details said it will release in a week or two. I'm guessing they are getting it ready for the Christmas releases

They now think a late marketing push is so much better that they were willing to give up a TROS boost for the last trailer.

1 minute ago, MrGlass2 said:

About a month before release like Warner have done lately.

Moral of the story, don't believe everything you read online:

They now think a late marketing push is so much better that they were willing to give up a TROS boost for the last trailer.

I'm confused as to how the guy got the trailer details right but the date wrong. Also, they probably didn't want the movie to be overshadowed by the thousand other movies getting a trailer that same week.

11 hours ago, Avatree said:

One of us! One of us!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1, 2, skip a few...

99, 100 MILLION DOLLAR OPENING WEEKEND!

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

30-40 seems to low.  Nonexistent advertising and I haven't heard one person even mention it makes me feel like 70-100 is impossible.

Gimme 50ish opening. Thanks to the beautiful amazing leading lady. Hoping for high 50s and decent legs.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1