WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | CERTIFIED FRESH | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars

20 hours ago, Krissykins said:

From the trailers, I can’t imagine the critics will give it good reviews. 

I’m fully expecting 20-40%. Maybe I’ll be surprised. But poor reviews, with money, shouldn’t put them off. Especially when GCS will be a different set up and new characters. 

Lol, are you kidding? At least 80+ on RT is a done deal, even if it's as bad as Suicide Squad.

20 hours ago, Nova said:

Ill be honest....an opening weekend less than Shazam! will be disappointing for me. I’m more so expecting $80M given the rise in popularity of Harley Quinn over the years. Hopefully good reviews and a last second marketing blitz gets it to that $80-90M range. 

It's not making 80-90M OW domestic, you can put that in the bank, there's just not enough interest in it to open that high, no matter how good buzz is. Harley Quinn's popularity is really overestimated. It's Shazam 1 bln predictions all over again.

• Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Lol, are you kidding? At least 80+ on RT is a done deal, even if it's as bad as Suicide Squad.

And I guess you think that because the movie stars women and POC? Of course critics will totally give the movie points just for that.

And do you have anything that proves that Quinn's popularity is overestimated? 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Why will it get 80% if it's as bad as suicide squad lol. If the movie get's 80% than it is probably better than Suicide squad even if you feel otherwise.

Hear me out:

Charlotte Lawrence made an original song for Birds of Prey.

Charlotte Lawrence is the daughter of Bill Lawrence, creator of Scrubs.

Bill Lawrence is very good friends with Scrubs star, Zach Braff.

Zach Braff is dating Florence Pugh.

Florence Pugh for Poison Ivy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

I think it's telling that we haven't heard about early screenings yet, as with Shazam and Aquaman (DC knew they had crowdpleasers on hand)...

7 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I think it's telling that we haven't heard about early screenings yet, as with Shazam and Aquaman (DC knew they had crowdpleasers on hand)...

"We" have heard about great test screenings for BOP, in this very thread.

And it doesn't mean anything anyway.

Edit: if this is about early paid screenings with Amazon, maybe they stopped doing it or January isn't a good time for them.

Edited by MrGlass2

6 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

They also did early screenings for Doctor Sleep. Didn't work well there. Premiere is next weekend so it doesn't really matter...

6 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Except we did and they're all get excellent reception

• Like 2

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

They also did early screenings for Doctor Sleep. Didn't work well there. Premiere is next weekend so it doesn't really matter...

Doctor Sleep was very well received, get an 7.02 and 77% approvation average despite being compared to one of the greatest Kubrick movies 

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Doctor Sleep was very well received, get an 7.02 and 77% approvation average despite being compared to one of the greatest Kubrick movies 

Early screenings aren't there for critics but are there to spread WoM. Audience reception seemed bad for Doctor Sleep.

Edited by lorddemaxus

I love the internet. When a movie has early screenings it means that the movie is bad so the studio wants audiences to watch it first and get WOM out there before critics see it. When a movie doesn’t have early screenings it means the movie is bad because the studio doesn’t have faith in it. Comical. 

Regarding test screenings: that’s something every movie has whether it’s acclaimed or a piece of shit. That’s how editors fine tune the film sometimes for the better or for the worse. So of course BOP had test screenings. Every movie does. 

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

And do you have anything that proves that Quinn's popularity is overestimated? 

Really bad stats for trailer views and social media activity, especially for a comic book movie, even worse than Shazam had, nothing indicates breakout OW, all breakout cbms had great stats which indicated big interest overall.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Really bad stats for trailer views and social media activity, especially for a comic book movie, even worse than Shazam had, nothing indicates breakout OW, all breakout cbms had great stats which indicated big interest overall.

Aquaman's second trailer had worse views than Shazam's second trailer. I guess Aquaman wasn't a breakout. I know the first trailer had more views but a sharper decline in views from first to second trailer must be bad right?

Birds of Prey's first trailer also had only 4 mil less views than Wonder Woman 1984. I guess this means WW1984 will only open to 60 mil.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Shazam had a very good number of trailer views.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Aquaman's second trailer had worse views than Shazam's second trailer. I guess Aquaman wasn't a breakout. I know the first trailer had more views but a sharper decline in views from first to second trailer must be bad right?

To be honest Aquaman had many trailers, it had a lot more marketing than Shazam and great release date.

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Birds of Prey's first trailer also had only 4 mil less views than Wonder Woman 1984. I guess this means WW1984 will only open to 60 mil.

WW1984 has twice better views/likes ratio. I'm looking not just at views, but also likes. Remember Power Rangers with 40+ mln views and less than 200k likes? Some trailers get large part of those views from ads on youtube, Lionsgate does that with TV spots for their movies and I suppose trailers too, who knows with WB and Birds.

19 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Shazam had a very good number of trailer views.

First trailer yes, but then interest declined sharply, but I think it was WB's fault, they screwed up marketing

Edited by Firepower
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

Hear me out:

Charlotte Lawrence made an original song for Birds of Prey.

Charlotte Lawrence is the daughter of Bill Lawrence, creator of Scrubs.

Bill Lawrence is very good friends with Scrubs star, Zach Braff.

Zach Braff is dating Florence Pugh.

Florence Pugh for Poison Ivy.

Too bad it looks like she's looking to be the new Black Widow.

Why bother coming back into this thread if you’re not interested in the movie at all or you think it looks bad ? State your opinion once and then come back and gloat or whatever you wanna do if the movie performs the way you expected. 

There’s so many movies that are coming out that I have zero interest in and I never even go into those threads. Some of you are so strange.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Firepower said:

To be honest Aquaman had many trailers, it had a lot more marketing than Shazam and great release date.

WW1984 has twice better views/like ratio. I'm looking not just at views, but also likes. Remember Power Rangers with 40+ mln views and less than 200k likes? Some trailers get large part of those views from ads on youtube, Lionsgate does that with TV spots for their movies and I suppose trailers too, who knows with WB and Birds.

First trailer yes, but then interest declined sharply, but I think it was WB's fault, they screwed up marketing

The second trailer has 211k likes on 5.5 million views. WW84 has 550k+on 24 million. 1 billion incoming?

You cant rely on likes. The first trailer wasnt good, hence the low likes. The second one was great and only has 40k less likes than the first. Box office cannot be dictated by youtube views for this type of movie. The target audience generally does not watch these trailers more than once unlike the ones meant for fanboys who watch it 5 times a day.

Edited by The Chad DC

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Ding ding, we have a moron. 

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Why bother coming back into this thread if you’re not interested in the movie at all or you think it looks bad ? State your opinion once and then come back and gloat or whatever you wanna do if the movie performs the way you expected. 

There’s so many movies that are coming out that I have zero interest in and I never even go into those threads. Some of you are so strange.

Unpopular opinion: the mods fail to police these threads right. They always allow individuals who have a bias to come in and change the discussion to the point it becomes toxic. No moderator is proactive, only reactive.

• Like 1