WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars | Coming to VOD 3/24

WW84 is going to be a hit. whether a 1 billion hit remains to be seen cause it depends on OS that didn't quite embrace the first one. But that may be due to WWI setting instead of contemporary (a hurdle that First Avenger had due to WWII one). 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The only thing WB should be worried about at the moment is the Suicide Squad movie by James Gunn

I mean they're pretty drastically different movies and from the sounds of it it has a substantially larger budget than Birds of Prey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean they're pretty drastically different movies and from the sounds of it it has a substantially larger budget than Birds of Prey.

I’m sure it’ll be a vastly different beast, but it still might have to fight off the stink of the David Ayer film, and not having Will Smith could be a problem. 

17 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m sure it’ll be a vastly different beast, but it still might have to fight off the stink of the David Ayer film, and not having Will Smith could be a problem. 

I mean between Idris Elba and John Cena they aren't exactly lacking in star power. And it's not like Smith was really that big a draw for the last one either so 🤷‍♂️

40 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean between Idris Elba and John Cena they aren't exactly lacking in star power. And it's not like Smith was really that big a draw for the last one either so 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, Suicide Squad 2 has an incredible cast. I mean, if for nothing else, I want to see it for Peter Capaldi!

Edited by Fielding

I said this will tank hard. Maybe you didn't want to see the obvious, that is, nobody was talking about this movie. NO ONE.

Nobody cares about woke agenda driven movies. Is Box Office Poison.

Don't worry, WB, Wonder Woman will make up for this crap. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 5

3 minutes ago, mcclaine said:

People said the same thing about one of these last year and did $1 Billion+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

People said the same thing about one of these last year and did $1 Billion+

Yes, keep saying that to yourself. 

It had nothing to do with Avengers Infinity War / Endgame sandwich Disney and Marvel did for that movie.... nononono, absolutely nothing!

Edit: i don't want to start a discussion about other things that aren't appropriate for this thread. So, that's the edit. 

Edited by mcclaine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mcclaine said:

I said this will tank hard. Maybe you didn't want to see the obvious, that is, nobody was talking about this movie. NO ONE.

Don't worry, WB, Wonder Woman will make up for this crap. 

It’s not woke agenda driven at all lmao. Go troll somewhere else

Edited by Steele131
  • Like 5

Yeah this'd have made way more money if it were more based on the classic Birds of Prey comics and not just a Harley Quinn vehicle and a poor mans Gotham City Sirens

latest?cb=20131020192624

Edited by SpiderByte

I am trying to pop mental wheelies in my head to see exactly how any sane person could watch the movie Ive just seen and claim that it is 'driven' by an 'agenda'. Of any kind. 

Seriously, these folks should have tried being British in the mid to late 90s when the likes of Titanic, U571 and Braveheart were coming out. Maybe that would harden their skin up a bit.

I am also trying to come up with any thing wrong with the idea of agenda driven movies in general and how they could be perceived to be "box office poison" when until a few months ago the literal most successful movie of all time was a preachy environmental fable about evil corporations ruining natural resources and displacing native people.

Ironically, there is an actual feminist movie,  employing real contemporary feminist concepts in tandem with current philosophy, out at the minute and it just passed 100m domestic and much more ww on a 40m budget.

Knives Out is an enormous hit and is approximately 50 times more agenda driven and political than anything Marvel, DC, Star Wars or any of the equivalent has put out in their history. 

As for BoP, I think we may be in a Scott Pilgrim situation whereby both the makers, critics and online types all misjudge how wide the net is being demographically cast for this type of film simply because they all tend to fit within that demographic and they dont mind something a bit audacious. Its a bit experimental, violent, youth oriented, female heavy, sweary, punk, generational.....one or two of those things is fine but all of them together? Basically my dad loved Captain Marvel,  enjoyed Wonder Woman but no way hed even watch this longer than five minutes. 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 13

49 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

It’s not woke agenda driven at all lmao. Go tell somewhere else

I love the way  the guy we are talking about posts a rant about BOP being a Woke movie, and then piously denies trying to get a political discussion going...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

superhero fatigue

Still expecting Marvel and DC to fold, and be replaced by the Avatar franchise?

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Still expecting Marvel and DC to fold, and be replaced by the DUNC franchise?

ftfy

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Avatar 2 will do 700m less than the first

45 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not just Avatar, but I think sci-fi in general could potentially overtake comic book movies this decade, I say potentially. We're off to a strong start with big productions such as Dune, Tenet and Avatar. Depending how successful they are, they could contribute to launch a different era.

And people like to joke about superhero fatigue now, but it doesn't mean it will never happen (comic book movies will never outright disappear of course that's not what I'm saying)

I don't really think BOP doing poorly is indicative of superhero fatigue, but perhaps a slight warning sign. WW84 and Black Widow will be much more indicative of things to come I believe. I do think they will be successful, I'm not underestimating Marvel / DC, but will they break the bank?

22 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatar 2 will do 700m less than the first

As long as it makes enough so that Cameron gets to complete his vision, I'll be satisfied. He'll be #1 again anyway after Avatar re-releases 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, mcclaine said:

Yes, keep saying that to yourself. 

It had nothing to do with Avengers Infinity War / Endgame sandwich Disney and Marvel did for that movie.... nononono, absolutely nothing!

Edit: i don't want to start a discussion about other things that aren't appropriate for this thread. So, that's the edit. 

Hustlers and Knives Out are pretty woke female driven films, and they both did pretty well.

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Hustlers and Knives Out are pretty woke female driven films, and they both did pretty well.

I really like Knives Out, one of the best from 2019, and I don't find that film "woke" at all. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mcclaine said:

I really like Knives Out, one of the best from 2019, and I don't find that film "woke" at all. 

lol how is BOP "woke" but Knives Out isn't? The only good character in Knives Out is the latina nurse whose mom is an illegal immigrant. 

I don't think either is Woke btw but you are ridiculous. 

Edited by ban1o