Jump to content
WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars | Coming to VOD 3/24

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Her fall from optimistic feminist fangirl while starting out to broken cynic ready to throw every other woman professional under the bus to cater to the worst elements in every fandom is worthy of a parody biopic starring Kate McKinnon. 

 

But then again they could make that exact same movie based on someone actually relevant like JK Rowling.

Shouldn't she just be cancelled though? Why glorify her blatant transphobia and hate with a biopic? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 1:53 PM, Maggie said:

Really in poor taste of Ava to call Grace scum. Now Grace will be attacked by Ava's followers. Ava has the power and she's inviting her twitter mob to abuse Grace.

 Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

 

It’s gonna be that DC Fan Con thing. They put an official press release on their official screeners site last week, which must have been how it leaked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TMP said:

It’s gonna be that DC Fan Con thing. They put an official press release on their official screeners site last week, which must have been how it leaked

What's the relevance of HQ tho? Daniel RPK and KC Walsh were also posting images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's the relevance of HQ tho? Daniel RPK and KC Walsh were also posting images.

Because the DC Fan Con thing promises new info on these films. Also, KC tweeted out a gif of Wonder Woman, so it’s clearly all DC films and not just BoP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TMP said:

Because the DC Fan Con thing promises new info on these films. Also, KC tweeted out a gif of Wonder Woman, so it’s clearly all DC films and not just BoP

Conrad also tweeted Wonder Woman yesterday. I think it might have something to do with both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 2:37 AM, lorddemaxus said:

How the hell does Grace Randolph have so many stans?

Cause she’s blonde and plays to right wing dog whistles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Napoleon said:

I don't agree with how Grace covered Birds Of Prey, but she did what all the male "reporters" who cover comic book movies do. They always spread rumors and create a lot of speculation. That's not right, but Grace is the only one getting cancelled for doing it, while the men get away with their unprofessional and irresponsible behavior. I will not support that.

Remember the guy who started the rumor that Deadpool 2 was oh so horrible. Did he ever get dragged? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it was the FanDome

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMP said:

Yeah, it was the FanDome

 

Seems like Watchmen gonna have a panel. Season 2?

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like Watchmen gonna have a panel. Season 2?

Doomsday Clock time, baby. Bring in the CW boys too

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Remember the guy who started the rumor that Deadpool 2 was oh so horrible. Did he ever get dragged? 🤔

Jeremy Conrad? Yeah I think he even showed up on another forum to defend himself. Can't believe the Deadpool 2 thread got locked. 🤣

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

 

Welcome to The Daily Star, your home for all the latest news and info about the DC FanDome, a free, global, 24-hour virtual convention taking place on August 22. In the weeks between now and then, we’ll also feature exclusive articles covering all facets of DC fandom, from games, TV, movies and, of course, comics! You can find links to some of our most recent in the carousel below. So, get comfortable, have a look around, and be sure to check back often to stay on top of all things DC FanDome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

6 noms:

• Best Picture

• Best Actress

• Best Supporting Actor

• Best Supporting Actress

• Best Female Director

• Best Adapted Screenplay

 

The second most nominated movie with Da 5 Bloods (6) and behind Shirley (7).

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the rules not been changed Margot would have a legit chance to be nominated for this. Elizabeth Moss would win. It won’t happen but it would be fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Had the rules not been changed Margot would have a legit chance to be nominated for this. 

It's still a role that comes across as pretty lightweight compared to the gold standard in its own genre, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Damn, now that is a performance that was robbed of a nomination and awards recognition in even an all hands on deck year.

 

Pfeiffer turned down Clarice Starling for Catwoman as she felt Selina was a much better match for her than Starling. And the truth is... you can't even disagree with her decision or even straight up say her performance wasn't as iconic and memorable as Foster's in SotL.

 

Those two characters winning their respective players Best Actress in back to back years would have been the most legendary thing to happen. Robbed.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's still a role that comes across as pretty lightweight compared to the gold standard in its own genre, Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman. Damn, now that is a performance that was robbed of a nomination and awards recognition in even an all hands on deck year.

 

Pfeiffer turned down Clarice Starling for Catwoman as she felt Selina was a much better match for her than Starling. And the truth is... you can't even disagree with her decision or even straight up say her performance wasn't as iconic and memorable as Foster's in SotL.

 

Those two characters winning their respective players Best Actress in back to back years would have been the most legendary thing to happen. Robbed.

Pfeiffer  not getting nominated for Catwoman is top 5 oscar snubs in history in my book. Thankfully  the people are appreciating her masterful work.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.