WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars | Coming to VOD 3/24

The DC Fandome posts were deleted from all Birds Of Prey social media accounts, and director Cathy Yan unfollowed the movie's Twitter account. What happened?

• Sad 1

As sad as I am to see that...there's not much to advertise about BOP anymore, is there? If there was a confirmed sequel being written, sure. It is a bummer about Yan not following the BoP Twitter.

3 hours ago, Morieris said:

As sad as I am to see that...there's not much to advertise about BOP anymore, is there? If there was a confirmed sequel being written, sure. It is a bummer about Yan not following the BoP Twitter.

Yeah, they're not doing panels for Joker or Watchmen either and those are two award winning DC productions recently. There's nothing more they have planned for this film so it makes sense that they won't promote it, there's not some deep conspiracy lol

Posted (edited)

It is strange though that Yan wouldn’t follow BOP anymore, if that’s true. I didn’t expect anything BOP related at Fandome anyways either. 

Edited by cax16

8 minutes ago, cax16 said:

It is strange though that Yan wouldn’t follow BOP anymore,

Maybe this was a jab to it after all :

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Maybe this was a jab to it after all :

Maybe, ya. Except her movie was pretty well received by critics but maybe she wasn’t happy with the cut? I don’t know. 

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Maybe, ya. Except her movie was pretty well received by critics but maybe she wasn’t happy with the cut? I don’t know. 

If a studio take over your movie like it was rumored for BoP and Suicide Squad I am not sure which hurt the most, the movie getting panned or well received.

If it get panned you can construct the mental protection that they should not have mess with it, that you were right and so on , when it go on to win an Oscar like Sling Blade or well received it must be bitter sweet at best.

I don't think any of this means much. Just that nothing about BoP will not be shown in Fandome. 

The Birds Of Prey social media accounts were promoting DC Fandome before, something happened for them to delete it. Maybe it was going to have a panel and it was canceled. 

C1gIMKS.png

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The Birds Of Prey social media accounts were promoting DC Fandome before, something happened for them to delete it. Maybe it was going to have a panel and it was canceled. 

C1gIMKS.png

The official press release never stated a panel was going to happen for this movie, so unlikely. They probably just took the posts down to avoid confusion as some people might have expected a panel while there wasn't gonna be one

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Eric Sparrow said:

Reviews for this show are insanely good. Would be a huge get for DC, especially since JJ produced it and has a hand in DC now.

I guess it could happen. Wouldn't be surprised if HBO gets a first look deal or something with her when Lovecraft County becomes a hit (probably will be their most watched show of the year imo).

I was talking about this movie with someone and I keep going back to this The Heroic Trio comparison that I'm surprised no one has talked about. I know a lot of comparisons to Hong Kong action cinema has been brought up but not a single person has mentioned The Heroic Trio specifically even though it feels like Birds of Prey took a lot in terms of tone and style from that movie (which is also a female team-up superhero movie). Even the Huntress's character design feels inspired from Maggie Cheung in The heroic Trio.

A GCS movie without Catwoman? Or are they going to use another new version of Catwoman?