WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars | Coming to VOD 3/24

On 2/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, TombRaider said:

yikes. i remember he brought her to have dinner with his wife and kids while he was banging her on the side. they have no shame.

It’s probably wise not to judge considering you know fuck all about the nature of their relationship between Ewan, his wife, and MEW. You don’t know if him and his wife split mutually and it’s water under the bride st this point. 

Edited by Bane Cook
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:13 AM, Krissykins said:

Here we go again. 

I thought this thread was about a team of female superheroes, not about slut shaming women, policing their bodies, and talking about their "stealing" other women's hubbies.

Oh wait, it is a thread about female superheroes.

Of course guys are going to slut shame women, police women's bodies, and talk about women "stealing" other women's husbands.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I thought this thread was about a team of female superheroes, not about slut shaming women, policing their bodies, and talking about their "stealing" other women's hubbies.

Oh wait, it is a thread about female superheroes.

Of course guys are going to slut shame women, police women's bodies, and talk about women "stealing" other women's husbands.

The more things change...

Also, this is exactly why we need characters like Harley Quinn who are unapologetic for their sexuality and messiness existing side by side with the more traditional heroines like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 2/4/2019 at 6:26 AM, TombRaider said:

yikes. i remember he brought her to have dinner with his wife and kids while he was banging her on the side. they have no shame.

So many of your posts have an underlying of misogyny to them. Are we really slut-shaming women now? On a thread about a funnybook movie?

• Thanks 1

Harley Quinn has always been a sexy character. Anybody hoping for her to become anything else will be disappointed.

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

The more things change...

Also, this is exactly why we need characters like Harley Quinn who are unapologetic for their sexuality and messiness existing side by side with the more traditional heroines like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Exactly.

• Like 1

If you don't think HQ looks hott in this you're probably a buttoned-up conservative misogynist. I'm exaggerating a little...but only a little. 

Edited by tonytr87

15 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

She looks hot, but the most important thing is if she has her Canary Cry.

• Astonished 1

To me, the Canary cry is important, but the most important requirement for a solid portrayal of BC is that she is presented as the formidable fighter that she is in comics. Isn't she one of the top 5 martial artists in the DC universe? I also hope that this film truly makes good use of the entire team. I don't want a repeat of SS, in which non-powered HQ saved the day against a powerful ancient sorceress. That makes no sense. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

To me, the Canary cry is important, but the most important requirement for a solid portrayal of BC is that she is presented as the formidable fighter that she is in comics. Isn't she one of the top 5 martial artists in the DC universe? I also hope that this film truly makes good use of the entire team. I don't want a repeat of SS, in which non-powered HQ saved the day against a powerful ancient sorceress. That makes no sense. 

My experience with running her as a secondary in Injustice 2 points to her being a skilled martial artist

On 1/28/2019 at 12:12 PM, DMan7 said:

The chick in the yellow shirt holding the bat in the costume test is Black Canary. As I suspected.

I think Black Canary will have her cry but there will be limitations to how often she can use it.

7 hours ago, cax16 said:

That’s not the canary cry though, the set video on twitter shows her just shouting at a police car to stop while it drives away

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

That’s not the canary cry though, the set video on twitter shows her just shouting at a police car to stop while it drives away

Ya I saw the video after it was posted.