WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | No Trolling/Fanboy Wars | Coming to VOD 3/24

Bloodshot will do XxX 3 numbers dom. Total non-issue for this film, all things considered it has the whole month to itself now. Really can't see it missing $200m dom, especially with Valentine's boost in weekend 2

• Like 1

nvm

Edited by TMP

Are some people really thinking that a completely obscure comic book D-lister from a third-rate comic book publisher (hint: it;s neither Marvel nor DC) played by box office non-entity Diesel will be some sort of competition for a long-awaited all-female superhero team movie starring one of the most popular new comic book characters of the last 25 years  (literally the most popular new female comic book character to emerge in the last two decades across comics, TV and film)..? Come on. With Bond out of the way, BOP will be the main event of this particular timeframe of the year...

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Are some people really thinking that a completely obscure comic book D-lister from a third-rate comic book publisher (hint: it;s neither Marvel nor DC) played by box office non-entity Diesel will be some sort of competition for a long-awaited all-female superhero team movie starring one of the most popular new comic book characters of the last 25 years  (literally the most popular new female comic book character to emerge in the last two decades across comics, TV and film)..? Come on. With Bond out of the way, BOP will be the main event of this particular timeframe of the year...

If any other actor was starring in Bloodshot, I'd understand people predicting it to do well domestically since we're in superhero fever... Vin Diesel, however, is just 2 fast/furious films away from doing direct to video films for the rest of his life. Gonna be Witch Hunter 2.0

4 hours ago, Robot308 said:

Doubt it. Because Sony's Bloodshot is coming out Two weeks after Birds Of Prey so no BOP won't own the month until Onward comes out.

:hahaha:good one....

4 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

2020 will be huge for DC. I look forward to the downplay of it's success. 

I am so ready for the inevitable "The only reason BOP was successful is that it did not have any competition" and "it was only successful because it starred a bunch of hotties"... LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I am so ready for the inevitable "The only reason BOP was successful is that it did not have any competition" and "it was only successful because it starred a bunch of hotties"... LOL

I have had confidence that this movie will succeed for months now. This new lack of competition pretty much solidifies it.

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

"Even if BOP succeed, doesnt means its good. (Forbes)"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

but it doesn't? Thers only Margot Robbie...?

The competition is unknown: in one year, a lot of things can change. For example, BoP could be delayed...

Anyone thinks now this moves back a week to the Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day weekend? What's worth more, having the entire month of February or having your opening weekend on that lucrative Presidents' Day weekend where you can get that huge first Monday number?

47 minutes ago, Avatree said:

but it doesn't? Thers only Margot Robbie...?

Cara Delevingne? And although nobody probably watched it for her, Karen Fukuhara too.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Cara Delevingne? And although nobody probably watched it for her, Karen Fukuhara too.

Cara Delevingne is in this?????

OK imma watch it now.  I need more Cara in my cinema and especially wearing outfits like she did in Valerian.

1217634.jpg

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Anyone thinks now this moves back a week to the Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day weekend? What's worth more, having the entire month of February or having your opening weekend on that lucrative Presidents' Day weekend where you can get that huge first Monday number?

Nah. Is a fine spot. Plus is still early 2019 and a lot of studios can throw movies into that weekend.

Just now, Avatree said:

Cara Delevingne is in this?????

OK imma watch it now.  I need more Cara in my cinema and especially wearing outfits like she did in Valerian.

1217634.jpg

Wrong movie. Thought they were talking about Suicide Squad. But BOP has it even better. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett, Rosie Perez and Ewan Mcgregor are in it.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Wrong movie. Thought they were talking about Suicide Squad. But BOP has it even better. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett, Rosie Perez and Ewan Mcgregor are in it.

this is the birds of prey thread, so they're talking bout birds of prey....

and yeah that's what I mean. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollet, Rosie Perez... no hotties. Only Margot.

• Not Cool 1

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

and yeah that's what I mean. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollet, Rosie Perez... no hotties. Only Margot.

the fuck? They are all hotties.

• Like 1