WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Ewan McGregor is Black Mask

Margot's so savvy at the business for just a 26 year old. I hope she succeeds in her ventures as that would do a lot to help actors (especially actresses) take charge of their own careers.  

• Like 4

Really looking forward to this in whatever shape it takes. Just the fact that it'll have Harley Quinn will be enough for me.

Hopefully the studio takes the Ryan Reynolds Deadpool approach and has this at a less obnoxious budget.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

Amazing that Margot Robbie already has the pull to make this happen. She's literally been the industry for 3 years, yet can say "hey I wanna make this. Lets make it." I can't even imagine JLaw getting to do this with a solo Mystique.

Granted this will probably be smaller scale, but still. I'm amazed. And granted she seems to really adore the character, rather then trying to just get a cash grab. But still. How does she have this pull.

24 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Amazing that Margot Robbie already has the pull to make this happen. She's literally been the industry for 3 years, yet can say "hey I wanna make this. Lets make it." I can't even imagine JLaw getting to do this with a solo Mystique.

Granted this will probably be smaller scale, but still. I'm amazed. And granted she seems to really adore the character, rather then trying to just get a cash grab. But still. How does she have this pull.

The partners of the production company she runs (Lucky Chap Entertainment) are her best friend, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend's best friend. Her boyfriend knows the ins and outs of the industry pretty well and he has been working for some time now. Margot has built a talented little support system around her of close friends who happen to be professional and awesome at networking. And this industry is all about connections.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2016 at 0:34 PM, jandrew said:

JLaw just seems to want to have filmmakers and studios send her scripts and not take an active role behind the scenes. It's better for actors to help develop their own projects because it shows passion, most of the time.

Honest question. If JLaw continues like she is now and doesn't take an active role behind the scenes, will she last as long as Robbie will (in theory)? I mean her biggest blockbuster franchise has completed its story and she doesn't care anymore for the other one. And I think the David O. Russell train has stalled. Passengers will be a test. For her and Chris Pratt for their viability outside of franchises and reliable collaborators.

42 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

http://www.thewrap.com/harley-quinn-birds-of-prey-christina-hodson/

Well, it's being written ... if this does go anywhere I probably wouldn't expect anything until 2019.

I imagine JL2 will be delayed until 2020 or 2021 and Cyborg will likely be quietly dropped so they schedule this, Batman and Dark Universe in 2018 and 2019 as well as rejig the schedule

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine JL2 will be delayed until 2020 or 2021 and Cyborg will likely be quietly dropped so they schedule this, Batman and Dark Universe in 2018 and 2019 as well as rejig the schedule

Yeah Cyborg seems like such a dead end project.  No way WB sticks with it when can put out Batman/Harley properties ... or a film in dark universe where they already have Liman lined up.  Shazam also seems like a dead project right now as nothing ever comes of it.  Oh and also have MoS sequel that's been talked up. Packed schedule IF things go well in 2017.

3 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Yeah Cyborg seems like such a dead end project.  No way WB sticks with it when can put out Batman/Harley properties ... or a film in dark universe where they already have Liman lined up.  Shazam also seems like a dead project right now as nothing ever comes of it.  Oh and also have MoS sequel that's been talked up. Packed schedule IF things go well in 2017.

I think Shazam will happen but it'll be moved to summer 2019 with The Flash taking the April 5th 2019 slot, it's likely not high on WB's priorities since it's coming later.

Right now I'm thinking the schedule will be:

June 2nd 2017: Wonder Woman

November 17th 2017: Justice League

March 16th 2018: Aquaman

October 5th 2018: Dark Universe

April 5th 2019: The Flash

June 14th 2019: Shazam

November 1st 2019: The Batman or Harley Quinn (I won't be surprised if they move it to November 20th 2019 and have a different WB tentpole on 1st November)

April 3rd 2020: Wonder Woman sequel or Superman solo film

July 24th 2020: Green Lantern Corps, Superman solo film or Wonder Woman sequel

Edited by Jonwo

34 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think Shazam will happen but it'll be moved to summer 2019 with The Flash taking the April 5th 2019 slot, it's likely not high on WB's priorities since it's coming later.

Right now I'm thinking the schedule will be:

June 2nd 2017: Wonder Woman

November 17th 2017: Justice League

March 16th 2018: Aquaman

October 5th 2018: Dark Universe

April 5th 2019: The Flash

June 14th 2019: Shazam

November 1st 2019: The Batman or Harley Quinn (I won't be surprised if they move it to November 20th 2019 and have a different WB tentpole on 1st November)

April 3rd 2020: Wonder Woman sequel or Superman solo film

July 24th 2020: Green Lantern Corps, Superman solo film or Wonder Woman sequel

Nothing is coming out in March 2018.  Tomb Raider took the place of Flash & WB placed Rampage (with Dwayne) on April 13, 2018, so Aquaman will be the summer release in July.

Can't see Batman being in post for nearly 2 years though, as it's supposedly filming late Spring/Early summer so have to believe it's going to be either late 2018 or early 2019.

Edited by AdamKendall

13 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

Nothing is coming out in March 2018.  Tomb Raider took the place of Flash & WB placed Rampage (with Dwayne) on April 13, 2018, so Aquaman will be the summer release in July.

Can't see Batman being in post for nearly 2 years though, as it's supposedly filming late Spring/Early summer so have to believe it's going to be either late 2018 or early 2019.

I reckon they'll move Tomb Raider to summer either June or August 2018, Aquaman will likely move to March as they're not going to on the same date as Mission Impossible. I reckon if Disney doesn't move Han Solo to December 2018 then I could see another DC film like Batman or The Flash slotted in December or if they do, Aquaman could move up to Memorial Day 2019. 

At this rate Warner Bros is going to release four films a year with all these spin  offs and sequels.

4 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

At this rate Warner Bros is going to release four films a year with all these spin  offs and sequels.

Warner Bros only releasing 4 films a year seems like a terrible idea.

18 hours ago, AdamKendall said:

Agreed with most (Aquaman will have to move because of MI6). And yeah, I'm pretty sure Batman is the October film. That's Affleck's month.