WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Ewan McGregor is Black Mask

After seeing bumble bee, I have more faith in this movie. It's the same writer on both projects. She's also writing Batgirl for DC. 

I really believe if this movie is good, it will do extremely well. Maybe even Deadpool numbers. The only reason SS did as well as it did was because of Harley IMO. She stole the show and was far and away the star. Will Smith really did nothing in terms of hype for the movie and people actively hated Jared Leto's joker. 

I will say that it seems like the rumors about Margot not wanting to work with Jared Leto again may be true. Its too early IMO for them to be breaking up J/H. They haven't even done anything together as a team, so breaking them up seems totally unearned. It's like they're banking on their audience knowing the backstory of their relationship and the reasons why they should not be together, without actually establishing any of them in the movies. I don't mind Harley being independent, but her getting there should be a cathartic moment after a long journey. Not the second movie!!! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

-SNIP-

I thought leaks weren't allowed?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TMP said:

I thought leaks weren't allowed?

Aren't set leaks (and plot leaks in some threads) littered all over this forum though?

Edited by lorddemaxus

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

gbccgna0qo631.jpg

Find this sexayier than her hot pants outfit in SS.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Posted (edited)

That outfit is so ugly lmao. Love the hair and makeup though. 

Allegedly Margot has total control over this movie. The director has little to no say and the costumes, characters, plot and everything else is all on Margot.  She vetoed GCS despite that being Harley's team because she didn't want to compete with Ivy and Selina.

I hope that isn't true, it's just a rumor. I hope for her sake that this movie is a success because if not it could really hurt her career.

Edited by zeb1814

5 hours ago, zeb1814 said:

That outfit is so ugly lmao. Love the hair and makeup though. 

Allegedly Margot has total control over this movie. The director has little to no say and the costumes, characters, plot and everything else is all on Margot.  She vetoed GCS despite that being Harley's team because she didn't want to compete with Ivy and Selina.

I hope that isn't true, it's just a rumor. I hope for her sake that this movie is a success because if not it could really hurt her career.

I highly doubt this, no director would sign on to a movie where they have no control at all. If that were the case then why didn't Margot direct the movie herself? GCS most likely didn't happen because Selina was going to be in Matt Reeves' Batman. Sounds like something Grace Randolph made up.

Posted (edited)

This is the editor of DiscussingFilm and he is a reputable leaker.

Edited by TestPattern
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Gonna take this with a grain of salt like those WW84 test screening reports from a few weeks back, but it'd be cool if this ended up a winner. Gonna have great legs if it is, since Feb 2020 is a dead month.

Posted (edited)

If this decent or better it'll be a smash hit.

Edited by Fielding
  • Like 1

For what is worth, the script for BoP has been described as “great” lots of months ago.And the writer has proved that she can write characters like nobody’s business .

This is like Suicide Squad 1.5

Or 2.

And The Suicide Squad would be....3 in 2021?

Whatever, it clearly has the same vibe as the first Suicide Squad, you get what I'm saying, It's gonna be a smash. Good? Who knows.

fingers crossed it's good. I want it to succeed for Margot. 

Good to hear as I’ve been a bit nervous about this one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also

They are actually building towards GCS vs BoP

Also, if Reeves' Batman has Catwoman and it's set in the 90s, it's gonna be really interesting how they deal with this.

Edited by TestPattern