WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing. Margot Robbie. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Ewan McGregor is Black Mask

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm aware. Thanks. The movie is still called Birds of Prey, not Harley Quinn so there should be a good bit of focus on the actual BoP members. It would be insulting otherwise.

Anyhow, I still have some hope given the leaks from the test screening. That said, they should have just made a solo HQ movie or GCS if they wanted the spotlight on Harley. "Harley's titular girl-gang" is cringey as hell..

Has Harley Quinn ever not been cringey as hell? She was the worst thing about B:TASm in my opinion. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Has Harley Quinn ever not been cringey as hell? She was the worst thing about B:TASm in my opinion. 

Ha. I'm mostly indifferent to her but I do find this live action version cringey. Thankfully, she has been an afterthought in the test screening leaks so far. Black Mask and Black Canary seem to be the standouts in this movie and if that's truly the case, I'll be happy. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

Harley doesn't even belong on the birds of prey!!! If David ayer was not involved I would be advocating for a GCS film rn. David Ayer ruins everything for me. 

I don't understand what the point is of adapting comic book characters, if you're not gonna, you know, ADAPT THE CHARACTERS FROM THE COMICS. It's the same principle with book adaptions but for some reason no one gives a shit when movies twist characters so far from the source material that they have only a name in common. smh. 

• ...wtf 1

It's like you already forced her onto the Suicide Squad when she offered absolutely nothing, just because Ayer wanted some ass shots. Now you're forcing her onto a team with people that should hate her (because remember in DCEU Harley helped murder a child and is a frequent accomplice of the joker doing who knows what). Yet she's becoming buddies with Rene Montoya and Black Canary??? This is a disservice to all of the characters involved. 

• ...wtf 1

18 minutes ago, zeb1814 said:

It's like you already forced her onto the Suicide Squad when she offered absolutely nothing, just because Ayer wanted some ass shots. Now you're forcing her onto a team with people that should hate her (because remember in DCEU Harley helped murder a child and is a frequent accomplice of the joker doing who knows what). Yet she's becoming buddies with Rene Montoya and Black Canary??? This is a disservice to all of the characters involved. 

In the case of SS, there was already a basis for her being part of the team in the comics, thanks to the New 52. As for the killing Robin thing, was Robin’s age ever actually stated? Aside from that, Harley Quinn being an accomplice to Robin’s death was something that was contradicted by David Ayer himself. According to him, the Joker got his metal teeth because Batman punched them out after Robin’s death, but the flashback in SS showed that he already had them when Harley was his psychiatrist. 

36 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Harley hasn’t been an all-out villain for years now in the comics.She is an anti-hero.

Yeah, DC has really been pushing for Harley Quinn to be their equivalent of Deadpool, and I guess it’s fair to say that they succeeded. 

I’m assuming he has either seen the trailer or knows it’s coming, he never teases stuff unless he’s watching a movie or knows something’s on the way. He was vp of media for regal before, not sure if he still works for them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cax16 said:

I’m assuming he has either seen the trailer or knows it’s coming, he never teases stuff unless he’s watching a movie or knows something’s on the way. He was vp of media for regal before, not sure if he still works for them. 

One of those scooper guys said that he knows someone who saw both Joker & BOP trailers so it should be on the way

Edited by BeastByTheBay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yesss get these Halloween Costumes WB...it’s a licensing expo right?

I have no idea tbh. 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yesss get these Halloween Costumes WB...it’s a licensing expo right?

I’m pretty sure it is.

Sub-40 second trailer? That’s so weird

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Sub-40 second trailer? That’s so weird

Tenet 2.0 - they seem to be keeping it in cinemas only. Then longer 'proper' first trailer with Joker methinks.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Tenet 2.0 - they seem to be keeping it in cinemas only. Then longer 'proper' first trailer with Joker methinks.

WB's marketing tactics are always so strange to me.