WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing | NO TROLLING/FANBOY WARS ALLOWED

8 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I hate, hate, hate the look of this film. It's a vomit of loud colors with Suicide Squad's dry dreary cinematography. All "style", no substance. A headache machine

Suicide Squad had colours? That film was so dark that even shots filled with fire looked dark. 

Can this movie be more controversial than Joker? This thread's certainly more divisive so far

I'm surprised the BoP emoji isn't an image of Harley.

The shots of Dinah in the trailer are making me feel a lttle less bitter about the Harley takeover. Jurnee looks like she's going to be great in this role.

I see some saying that maybe WB is selling this as a Harley movie but she won't have nearly as much focus in the movie. Yeah, I doubt that. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Helena and Dinah have their own full arcs. I mean, that is what I expected but now, not so much. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

Worst trailer for a DC movie in years, I don't even remember which trailer (from a DC movie) can be considered worse than that.

• ...wtf 2
  • Not Cool 2

23 minutes ago, TMP said:

Can this movie be more controversial than Joker? This thread's certainly more divisive so far

Reception seems great on social media, the controverse is coming from people mad with Harley in center of marketing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

I'm kinda bitter that we'll never get a real BOP movie. GOTG was a huge success using characters way more unknown thn Birds of Prey. If it was marketed well they didn't have to make this a Harley Quinn featuring Birds of Prey movie. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I'm kinda bitter that we'll never get a real BOP movie. GOTG was a huge success using characters way more unknown thn Birds of Prey. If it was marketed well they didn't have to make this a Harley Quinn featuring Birds of Prey movie. 

Well WB weren't going to make a BOP movie at all. Margot included them because Ivy/Selina are most likely in Matt Reeves' Batverse, or at least Selina is.

Edited by BeastByTheBay

That was underwhelming. I say that as one who gave Suicide Squad a chance. As a fan of CBM's in general.

I'm hoping they are saving some costuming shots for a second trailer cause no one but Harley "looked the part".

Ewan: "Who's having a good time?"

Well, uh, not me. The trailer is just not edited in a fun way. The "trash" label looks to be pretty apt. It looks terrible visually, and there looks to be way, way too much Harley Quinn.

We Thought it was good marketing start but we needed more story (If there is) in the next trailer. But this looks like so far on the foot of our heals reeled in but not sold us in yet. Here's Our Reaction and Review to this movie trailer! Hope ya Like! :) 

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I hate, hate, hate the look of this film. It's a vomit of loud colors with Suicide Squad's dry dreary cinematography. All "style", no substance.

You haven't seen it. How exactly do you know if there's substance there or not?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

... so is Joaquin not gonna be in this movie?

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

You haven't seen it. How exactly do you know if there's substance there or not?

If there was substance in this film, it wouldn't need visuals that are trying to eat my eyes out from the inside.

• Haha 1

if the reviews are good i'm in. dig the campier vibe, hope it handles the tone right. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If there was substance in this film, it wouldn't need visuals that are trying to eat my eyes out from the inside.

I wonder what you think of Speed Racer then.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 hour ago, TMP said:

And are some people going to get banned faster?

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1