WrathOfHan

Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) | Feb 7 2020 | Warner Bros | Cathy Yan directing | NO TROLLING/FANBOY WARS ALLOWED

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ll give it one thing; the color grading (at least in those pics) looks a lot better than Suicide Squad. 

Matthew Libatique is a great DP imo, so even though Venom looked kind of ugly I was still expecting this to, at the very least, look good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Matthew Libatique is a great DP imo, so even though Venom looked kind of ugly I was still expecting this to, at the very least, look good.

Of course the DP of Josie and the Pussycats is great.

• Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ll give it one thing; the color grading (at least in those pics) looks a lot better than Suicide Squad. 

More screens, and your right about the color grading

• Astonished 1

Personally, I wish more CBMs would look like the Nolan Batman films. I absolutely love the cinematography of that trilogy. Some people seem to falsely remember those films as being drab and colorless (I guess because Nolan’s name was attached to Man of Steel?) but they really weren’t. They made great use of color grading and contrast. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Personally, I wish more CBMs would look like the Nolan Batman films. I absolutely love the cinematography of that trilogy. Some people seem to falsely remember those films as being drab and colorless (I guess because Nolan’s name was attached to Man of Steel?) but they really weren’t. They made great use of color grading and contrast. 

Yep, I love MCU movies, but most of them look like a TV show (with a few exceptions), I'd love if they were slightly more ambitious with their cinematography. DCEU movies are a hit or miss, Shazam looked awesome, but MoS and BvS were kinda dreadful for me.

Edited by Titan Man

6 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

Yep, I love MCU movies, but most of them look like a TV show (with a few exceptions), I'd love if they were slightly more ambitious with their cinematography. DCEU movies are a hit or miss, Shazam looked awesome, but MoS and BvS were kinda dreadful for me.

IN my opinion, MOS,WW And Shazam looked amazing.BvS and Aquaman looked good.JL and SS were 2 of the worst looking films ever.This one seems to be top tier DCEU in terms of cinematography.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

It’s still really baffling just how ugly Suicide Squad looked. Sure, MoS and BvS had muted colors as well, but they at least weren’t disgusting to look at. Suicide Squad looks like it was taken out of a washing machine and left outside to dry for about a week. I guess the idea was for the film to have a sort of dirty “street look” to it, but it just didn’t work, especially since the film’s plot amounted to a pretty typical saving the world story. It didn’t help that the posters and logos had neon colors, which made for a jarring contrast. 

• Like 2

Wonder Woman's the only DC film I'd call well shot from the post-Nolan era. Joker looks well-shot too, but I gotta see the movie first before making that statement. 

I think Aquaman is the only DCEU movie that was well shot. I guess Wonder Woman looked nice but Wan did an excellent job with the action in Aquaman. The brilliant blocking in the action sequences allowed the film to establish the geography and give a sense of space (even when the action got cluttered). I feel like other superhero movies could learn from it in that regard (Avengers Endgame was a film that seriously needed cameraowork like that because it had extremely cluttered and large scale action sequences but it relied too heavily on shaky cam and quick cuts and that was the only dissapointing part of that whole movie).

Edited by lorddemaxus

Grace Randolph saying she single-handedly saved this movie and now even posting random screenshots of texts with god knows who to back up her claims :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Grace Randolph saying she single-handedly saved this movie and now even posting random screenshots of texts with god knows who to back up her claims :rofl:

She's crazy. She thinks she's supporting the LGBTQ community (even posted an emoji of the pride flag) with her craziness. Her source is probably the same one who said Oscorp will be in FFH.

Edited by lorddemaxus

At this point, I'd like to point out that Matthew Jansen is doing the cinematography for WW84 so that will look amazing, given his incredible work on GoT.

Edit: just realised he also did Wonder Woman...

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 1

Really cool pics, I’m looking forward to the teaser. I’m seeing It next Friday so maybe I’ll get to see  the teaser then. 

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Birds of Prey comics writer

Should we prepare ourselves for countless YouTube rants about how this movie will be SJW propaganda? Ah who am I kidding? Of course we should. 

9 hours ago, TMP said:

Birds of Prey comics writer

It's great that the original comic creators are finally starting to get the recognition and respect that they truly deserve. Especially women creators. Fox's treatment of Apocalypse creator Louise Simonson was trash. Did she even get a mention in X-Men: Apocalypse's credits? I don't think so.